Busy couple days on the '48

Started by 48builder, December 12, 2022, 07:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Got busy and accomplished a few things.

Bent up some aluminum to use as a radiator shroud. I had to buy 2 Hayden 9" puller fans  as it is all I can fit between the radiator and the engine. The shroud is sitting right on the fins now but I may see if I can put some spacers and move it out a little once everything is in place. The stock Z28 had 2 fans so my harness is all set up for both of them. Thinking of gluing some stainless piano bolts to the back side of the aluminum in order to mount the fans.

Had to make my upper radiator hose go around the intake. Found these nice billet connectors on amazon. US made and only 10 bucks.

Bought Z28 tranny cooler lines from Inline Tube. I had to cut and bend them a little at the radiator end but worked out great. The end at the radiator is still crimped and I'll put some fuel injector type clamps on the other end where I put a double flare on the tube.

Mounted the billet specialties mirrors. I like them much better than the old Buick Riveria mirrors I was going to use. Plus they are manual and it's one less thing I have to wire.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

chimp koose

Just a suggestion for the shroud . Lots of factory shrouds have rubber flaps that open as the vehicle gains speed to allow more airflow when the fans are likely not being used .

48builder

Hmm. I like that idea. Maybe cut a couple holes in my shroud and put flaps on them. Thanks for the tip.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver