2024 : Tool Reviews:

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 02, 2023, 03:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Found this Dewalt oscillating tool on sale. One of those special holiday sale items left over. $99.00 plus tax , delivered from Amazon .  8)  DCS356c1

Tool came with a charger , bag, 1 battery and couple blades.  Battery is only a 1.5ah size.

3 speeds with a variable control switch, No tool needed to change blades.  Purty spiffy.

:idea:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

My receiver hitch mount lift has arrived. I had the parts out, loosely assembled.  Did some measuring for height. I will be using this for lifting stuff into the bed of my F350..  Primarily the 5th wheel hitch for the RV.  I can still lift the weight of the hitch in 2 pieces.  But, I can not lift it high enough since this F350 sits high.

I bought this unit since the base bar is long enough to clear the tail gate when open.

The hitch mounted lift  is too tall for assembly under my carport cover.  I will need to shorten the height by 24 inches or so.
Tony

kb426

^^^
 That looks like it should be very useful. Does it knock down easily for storage?
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: kb426 on January 22, 2024, 07:13:07 PM^^^
 That looks like it should be very useful. Does it knock down easily for storage?

Yes, it slips together in 3 pieces.  When I get it sized up.  Will take a few more photos.

It has basic hand crank cable winch...

8) 
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Aw, I forgot..  My F350 receiver hitch is a 3 inch size. Fjord provided a reducer to 2.5 inch hitch size.

I bought a Curt brand {Amazon) reducer from 2.5 inch to 2 inch size hitch for the utility  lift assembly I just bought.  Photo shows both reducers in place.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Hitch lift modified, installed..  I cut 20 inches off the bottom upright.

Changed bolts out on the cable wheels to clevis pins and clips. I thought the bolt threads would eat into the aluminum wheels?  Photo shows the bolt I replaced with clevis pin, a bit a grease added too.

Close up of cable reel, shows how the uprights slip together. Seems strudy enough to lift my hitch. Manufacturer claims 300 pound capacity

I need to build a fixture to attach to the 5th wheel hitch to lift it.  The 5th wheel hitch weighs about 155 pounds. It does come apart 2 pieces about 75 # each.

8)
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Well: I am further along..

I found a tool - adapter to install in the 5th wheel hitch as a lift tool.  $22.00 delivered via Amazon

I shortened the main upright , which created a different problem as shown in the photo hi-lited by yellow. The winch and tailgate want the same space.. So: I moved the winch up about 10 inches so the crank will function.

Then.. as I lift the hitch up and swing it around towards the bed.. A new snafu shows its self.  LOL The upright takes a serious lean.. At least it seemed serious as I was about to shat my pants thinking it was all going to fall over. :shock: 

The hitch receiver adapters are loose fit. I knew that. If you have ever used a receiver hitch , you know they are little loose. I ordered a hitch clamp device to tighten up the stuff.  I hope it works well...

Last photo shows the 5th wheel hitch lifted into the truck bed.

8) .... 8)

Tony

kb426

^^^
That adapter looks like a bargain for what it does.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

The hitch clamp device arrived.  I bolted it on.  Most of the looseness is gone. My drawers should remain clean now.  :twisted: .. :twisted: .. :twisted:

If this clamp proves to be a bad idea... I will weld the tube to the hitch adapter -reducer in the receiver. Simply slide the tube and adapter out together.  That will fix it!  :shock:
Tony

enjenjo

I've used one of those in the past Tony and had no problems.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I slap wore out my Harbor Freight Step drills..  Uni - bits , what ever they are called. The bits kinda melt metal now instead of cutting - drilling metal when starting

Of course I bought new bits from Amazon.  Seem to cut  well so far
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I needed a 30 amp extension cord for RV power pedestal goofy shape plug, that has a regular outlet on the end for use of tools, compressor , 120v mig welder.

I found a 25 foot 30 amp RV cord for phreee. I already had the outlet box.

The 2nd photo shows the end I cut off the cord to install the outlet box. I will keep that on the shelf for a year or 2?
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Well: The old & slow Southwest version did not like the looseness in the hitch mounted lift on my F350.

I welded the hitch reducers and the lift hitch tube solid.  I am much happier now

The biggest offender of looseness was the Hitch Lift 2 inch tube. The earlier shown  bolt on clamp device helped , but not enough for me.

I welded the tubes top and bottom. I figure that will get the job done.  The extension cord I built the other day was used for 120 volt service to my Lincoln mig welder.  I used my plumbers torch with MAP gas to warm up the tubes before I welded the pieces.

:shock:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I went to my storage unit looking for some bushing drivers I have used for decades. I dug deep into the storage space. Into boxes, carts with boxes on top and below.  Never found my bushing drivers.

I DID how ever find my hole saws I was looking for many weeks ago.

:arrow:  ;D
Tony

enjenjo

My shop has been cleaned up by others twice in the last three months. I can't find anything now.

I picked up a near new Snap On (Wilton) 1760 6" bullet vice with stand today for $300. Birthday present for Josh.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.