Pics of engine - Modified BBC Serpentine system

Started by 58Apache, July 05, 2004, 10:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Apache

I am posting the first pics of my engine since I started it and made a successful modification of a 454 Chevy Truck serpentine system.

I ( with a little help from my friends ) made the following modifications:

1. The water pump is standard rotation ( NOT reverse flow! ) ( Pully is only one I could find that was grooved serpentine water pump pulley)

2. The power steering pump mounting angle was changed to allow for cap removal ( I don't know how them boys in the 454 truck add power steering fluid! )

3. Added a pulley that allowed the belt to travel over the water pump pulley then double back to go to the Sanden A/C compressor.

4. Cut off the air pump section of the A/C bracket

5. Welded on a mounting tab on A/C bracket that goes to a water pump bolt to make it three point mounting.

6. Modified the valve cover with a "BFH" to allow for the Sanden compressor to come back enough to mount in the proper position for belt travel. Very hard to see.

Note: Crank Pulley and Power Steering Pulley are stock to the 454 system. Will probably chrome or powder coat them later. Headers are ceramic coated Dynomax. Oil Pan is 6 ct Chrome Moroso. Starter is mini and was obtained with the chrome alternator from HayWire Inc at show prices at the Nats.

Last pic is of the 3 inch x-pipe system that feed down into 2.5 inlets on Flowmaster 70's ( for big blocks )

Steve

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

Looking good my friend.  Tell me, how many PEPSI COLAs does it take to fill that sucker up?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

58Apache

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Very observant of you Bib!

I was trying to find a place the other day where I could take those bottles to get the 3 cent deposit so I could take my tin can down to get a gallon of 104 octane "hi-test" Ethyl for the normal 35 cents a gallon. I was also going to get an oil change using the bulk oil in the glass bottles with the metal spout. I think it was 15 cents a quart last time I looked?

I was really looking forward to waiting at the corner grocery store where you get the nehi soda pop out of the water cooler case, and enjoy a nickle Hershey bar to be washed down with the strawberry flavored Nehi.

But I just couldn't find the "Flying A" station that used to be there on the corner!

Steve