Shop Safety Tips

Started by Rayvyn, March 09, 2007, 09:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayvyn

No matter how much you sweep or vacuum the shop, there's always a few little metal slivers that stay on the floor, only to find their way into the wife, kids or dogs bare feet, leading to a Dr. visit and Tetanus shot if it's deep enough.

Here's a little homemade redneck remedy I came up with, since my dogs are always out in the garage with me, and I don't want a vet bill.

Go buy a roll of that cheap peel and stick shelf liner paper at Wal-mart. Cut a piece off, peel the back off, and roll it backwards around a large paint roller so the sticky side is out. Put the roller on the handle, screw a broom stick or pole into the end, and roll up the little hidden pieces. Works like a charm... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat46

Good idea! I also have an old car speaker with a big magnet that I have hung from a piece of cord that i can "sweep" the floor with too.

phat rat

If anyones interested I can check and see who the manufacturer was of a gift from my wife. It's a magnet about 12"  wide with wheels and a long handle so you can roll it along the floor and pick up any metal and it has a release to drop off whatever it's picked up.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Tractor Supply Company has a magnet on wheels that sells for less than $30

You could make an electromagnet from old AC compressor clutch magnets.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

Magnets are a good idea,but................

I have yet to find an ALUMINUM magnet :wink:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

UGLY OLDS

Aluminum magnets are easy...I get mine from the "household" supply area..2-Ply Charmin seems to work best..Works every time & priced right   :!: ... :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****