2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Ha  :lol:

Harleys and Chevys.  :D

Having a GTO is high on the list of abandoned lifetime hopes. I haven't driven or even ridden in anything but Grand Prixs for a decade, maybe more. The purple one is at 24 years and was my only transportation for the first few. Old GPs are more car than GTOs. Police always call my little fwd GPs Grand Ams and thats OK. Pontiacs just all look the same to some. :blank:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Started a new repair project on our 5th wheel RV...  Suspension rebuild and  upgrade.

I pulled apart the leaf spring shackles , bushings.  It is common for these springs to eat bushings because of apparent poor design? Under rated size?  Wrong material?

The 3 bushings shown, I did Not cut them out of the spring eye. They were worn out.  We put 7k miles on these in 2022 and I greased them 2 times. They look like there was never grease in them. This RV was bought used, 14 months old. I have no idea how many miles on it before we bought it.

These bushings look like the bronze bushings.. WHich is an upgrade, because the OEM bushings are nylon material. The New bushings are a stronger bushing material and is magnetic.  Photo shows how I pressed the bushings in the leaf with a C clamp, fully greased up the leaf and bushing.

Photo of the bolt shows the leaf eye wet bolt that the bushing was completely Gone !

There is more to this upgrade and repair.. Will Post more as I get there

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Heavy snow the night before last.  Nearly buried my pickup truck.  :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

If it wasn't for the tree trunk, that would be entirely believable. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

:lol:

You gotta come up with one of those for on the lake. Start collecting styrofoam  :idea:
Matt

58 Yeoman

Went to Lowe's today to get a few items. Got to the checkout area, all that was open were self checkouts.  Stopped an employee and asked if that was all there was, so she had a guy open another aisle.  Got to keep these people working.

Dropped my wife off at Costco and went to fill the car with gas.  The minute I got back into the car, I remembered that she had the key fob for starting it.   I called her on the cell, and she had to walk over so we could get it started. Glad it wasn't crowded like usual.

When I had dropped her off, I see this old geezer (older than me) driving towards me in a little ecobox car.  It had full length Lakes pipes on it, and they were capped.  I had to look in the rearview to see that it was a Hyundai, don't know the model, but it was super tiny. Wish I could've gotten a pic.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Was it a this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Tiburon

I'm not the Hyundai type but am a coupe-only bodystyle noticer. :)

Got the trunk pan clamped in the 73 job now. Flange revision at tubs consists of just hacking off an inch and a half following the down flange around tub then flipping the pieces over and swapping sides for an up flange to plug weld while helping to stiffen the rail a tad. Hopefully nuthin fancy required. You'll see. :arrow:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

I have mentioned this fellow randomly ... Brother of a friend. Late 50s and he has never amounted to anything. Not held a job long. Drug use (not his fault) , fired from what few jobs he had (theft) Not his fault. In and out of jail (mostly not his fault) wink wink. You guys know what I mean.

My buddy texts me early this tuesday morning about some RV stuff he has sold. I mention we are at a Frys Food store.  He texts me " oh btw.... Jay is living in his truck in the parking lot for a month now"  Jay is his brother in law (wife's younger brother) that is near useless. I ask " a white ford truck?" Yes... he texts back. LOL We had noticed the truck on the way into the parking lot.. Just a weird homeless, living in look about the truck.

The guy is 60 yr old now, homeless. has been sleeping in his truck in various parking lots for months. He has mooched his family to the point they will not talk or help him any longer.  So sad.

???
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

It wasn't a Tiburon, it was way smaller.  It went by kind of fast and I didn't get to see the model, but I did see the funny H on the trunk.  I looked online and didn't see any models as small as the one I saw. Oh well.

Phil

chimp koose

And she purrs like a kitten till the lake pipes roar!  8)

58 Yeoman

It would be funny if they were actually connected.

Phil

416Ford

Picked up a new set of doors for my car this fall and installed the drivers door on my 55 last night for the first time. Am I totally Screwed on this door or will a body shop be able to straighten this back frame? 
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

WZ JUNK

I can not say for sure but I do not think it would be hard to fix if someone has experience. I have fixed similar problems by placing a block in the door jam below the damage and physically bending the window opening back into alignment.  I can not say this method would work on yours without seeing it.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

Quote from: 416Ford on February 14, 2024, 12:23:16 PMPicked up a new set of doors for my car this fall and installed the drivers door on my 55 last night for the first time. Am I totally Screwed on this door or will a body shop be able to straighten this back frame?

Not totally screwed. That will bend but it alters contours in the jamb so check for rubbing if you tackle it yourself. Burn limit is a pie cut on just the shell, not skin.

Gap width look to be ok if that comes in?

How it will go depends on it's willingness to bend. If it was bent to that position it should relax easy enough. If thats how it was made, it may get more involved. But the skin should just follow along with the shell. Might not be a big deal at all, could turn into a medium deal. Sans experience with this type of thing, it probably does look like a big deal.
Matt

kb426

Dave, I agree with John. I would block the middle of the door and put a 2x6 from the bottom of the window frame and go up to the top and apply pressure and see what happens. In the past, it didn't take much to bend a window frame if that's all that is bent. You might cut a template from the old door and see where the bend is. If it's just the window frame up, it's very doable.
TEAM SMART