Funeral Service For Ian "Datsfa" Shaw.

Started by Carps, April 18, 2005, 05:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

The funeral service for Ian "Datsfa" Shaw will be held at the Salvtion Army Citadel in Cranbourne at 10.30am this coming Thursday 21/04/2005.

It will then proceed to the Necropolis in Springvale for the burial and followed afterwards by a wake at the Village Green Hotel on the coner of Springvale and Ferntree Gully Roads.

You are all welcome to join in as we celebrate ian's life and send him off the way he lived, with fond memories and lots of laughter. Please bring your hot rods, he'd like that.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

TJ's Dad

QuotePlease bring your hot rods, he'd like that

And bring Rods they did !!

We left at around 5.00am in bluddy freezin weather, somehow tourers n frosts dont mix.

One slight hiccup on the way with a wind wing coming loose and no allen key, but a quick stop at Mr Cool's and we were ok,thanks Chris.

Arrived at Cranbourne to a sea of Rods,cars parked everywhere,we settled for a spot on the medium strip in the centre of the road.

A few words with Helen and the family and we entered the chapel noting the huge number of mourners.

The euology was delivered by Carps a very emotional yet witty insight into Shawry,you did him proud Carps, well done.

Shawwry's last ride was from Cranbourne to Springvale in Graham Lemin's Merc Hearse followed by Shawrys T Tourer n his Caddy with Anthony's Coupe following.

He musta got a giggle as we blocked the freeway such was the enormity of early iron,at one stage i saw a klm or so ahead and behind and all i saw was Hot Rods.

As Shawry was carried from the hearse those gathered broke into applause, a mark of how much he'd touched our lives.

Helen while not enjoying the best of health herself amazed me by her strength, she knew that we ,his mates were hurting too and expressed that to me.

I hadnt seen Anthony or Nicole for quite some time and must say Shawry would be so proud of the fine young adults they've grown into.

As we left to head home Jenny spoke to a worker from the cemetry who told her it was the largest funeral ever seen there.

I drove away giving a final wave to his best mate who insisted on having the last word to Shawry ....... Carps is like that.

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

mr model a

TJ's dad
It was a fitting send off to a top bloke, I arrived at 10.20 and couldn't get in to the service, it was packed.
Saw some faces from a long time ago,  Doug Carter, Ray Quon, John Noble etc. such support must've lifted Shawry's family on the day.
It was so crowded I didn't even spot Carps, did see you ( Mike ) leaving.
Cheers, Phil

TJ's Dad

QuoteIt was so crowded I didn't even spot Carps

G'day Phil, Carps n I did mention that we didnt see you, I wanted to catch up with Doug Carter but didnt see him , later was told he was at the service but had to go off to work.
Lot of old faces there, i said G'day to quite a few but obviously missed many.
Great pix Sean ..   (especially the one of Shawry's T ) ...did spot u but never got to say gidday.

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Rudiments

Great pics Sean, would you be able to email me what you have from the day, would love to see them all, I will pm you my email address.

The day was a sea of faces for us, so many people it was a bit overwhelming.

Cheers,
Shaun