2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Yes, no swivel. I haven't measured all of the different ones available but the one I have is long enough that I don't use it. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Well maybe an airbrush hose, maybe an airbrush. But recently I had a push on coupler that was swivel, came from Lowe's and was as short and leak free as I have seen. I just can't use a push on for my work due to the effort required to operate the coupler and frequency of use with bad hands so I scrounged a plain coupler.

A guy could screw an elbow on his gun inlet I reckon.

For the record I was standing right there with the powers that be when the decision was made to produce an un-gun-paintable contour on the centerpiece panel. I voiced the paint concern. Deaf ears over-ruled, common sense flew out the window.
Matt

jaybee

Gotta confess, the first thing I thought wasn't just that you can't get paint into everything, but that it could be done a lot more elegantly than tacking what amounts to an HVAC duct into the engine compartment.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

At least the engine bay plan does currently include satin clear for the engine compartment and I assume that also means hood underside. But if you think the underside is challenging... well, two tone stripes are in the topside plan.

I've seen our man work custom paint miracles but theres a wall of reality, or at least I percieve such. I am however confident that it will be done as well as a human can do it.

Anybody remember how I had it? Or any of the futile imagery. Don't think I'll ever understand what was going on at that time. Halfway anticipating unforeseen airflow effects, be they positive or negative. Should it ever see highway. :blank:

Speaking of imagery, trying to think up Christmas cards today. Gotta top off PSF in the DD before kicking shoes off. Drove the 455 around a good bit yesterday, polite, in-traffic stuff mostly.

Friday I veered off course on the way home, took a new unexplored interstate exit when it slowed to stop and go. That was backed up 3/4 mile. The trip I have made in 18 minutes to Dad's was an hour and a half or so. I was a profane babbling mess when I got home. It is great to have a home. :)
Matt

enjenjo

Well, you can't see it with the hood closed.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

And with the hood open, you won't see behind there without a mirror.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

True and true, mostly. Through the hood ornament holes, some shows. And it might take two mirrors and or a contortionist to see it with the hood open. I don't believe that doing away with the large vertical baffle is a good idea either.

The top side, inside the duct, is the sadistic painter hating feature. To me. I won't be suprised if he shoots it inside and out with it hanging nose up. But no, theres masking to be done for one side then the other. I also wouldn't be suprised to find out that hood cost a year's * I should not have posted a pic. Should know better.

Why on earth do I get an asterisk when typing pay.?
Matt

sirstude

I will be rebuilding my gun save, that I managed to throw away the keys for. Just a cheapie electronic lock unit, but does the job. 
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

WZ JUNK

I bet some of you have done what I did this morning, but I bet it has been awhile.  55 years ago, I did this a lot and sometimes on the shoulder of the road.  I can still do it, but I really do not want to again.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I've never done it on the side of the road, but I use my HF changer to change tires in my shop, just not on my DD's.  And, it works a lot better if the tires are warm.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

I have been working on a foot operated stand for my shrinker/strecher.  The leverages were a little tricky to get them so that the foot pedals had a good feel.  The lead counter balances work much better than the springs that you see on the commercial units.  I will mess with it a little more and then paint it.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Started the process on new front windows install.  Needed more shims than I like, but these winders are as close to size as I can find.

Dual pane, plastic vinyl material. THey actually seal , close, lock , open smoothly.  2 more front woindows and 1 side window.. then we are done with replacing olde windows
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

I have a shrinker stretcher at work with a pull handle . Awkward at best . Foot pedal would be a great upgrade .

idrivejunk

I have not used either type that was in good condition. Our new fancy foot operated one at the shop was the one I picked right before being "dismissed". Last time I tried, it did nothing so I pie cut and welded.
Matt