New Toy.

Started by sirstude, November 14, 2009, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I have been looking for a vintage Sun machine for the last 10 or 15 years.  I had a SUN TUT 1015 when I had my shop in the 70's and that is what I was looking for.  A few months ago, I was on my way home and drove by the equipment auction that happens every quarter, and noticed a flash of Blue.  I stopped by and there was a SUN TUT 1115, which was the next up machine from what I wanted.  I talked to a buddy that goes to that auction and asked him to try to pick it up for me.  I gave him a max of $50 since it had some cables cut and was not sure it it worked at all.  He picked it up, but won't tell me what he paid (guessing about $10). Anyway, he delivered it Thursday night.  I managed to pick up a set of cables on e-bay, so today replaced them.  Everything lights up and looks good, but I was working on the Olds, so did not want to spend much time on it.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I had one years ago. I was tired of walking around it, and in a weak moment, sold it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

great buy...

i had a marquette M200....   my brother replaced all the caps and made it work...  i used it for several years...  during the northridge earthquake it toppled over and fell face first onto a small block chevy..  

i miss it...  cylinder canceling...  being able to see the individual spark lines... i replaced it with a hand held italian made automotive scope from HF.. its just nor the same...  i think i still have all the internals, cables, and factory service manual around someplace..

you might also want to find a factory service manual for it.. that shows individual circuit board components.. so you can keep it up and running...

OldSub

This is my Atlas, purchased off craigslist from the Bay Area for $50.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

jaybee

Nice find!  I never used one, but Dad liked to say a good mechanic could use it to help diagnose just about anything that might be ignition related and a good crook could use it to create just about any fault he wanted in order to sell you stuff you didn't need.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

reborn55

I have had one since the early 80's--if anyone is interested--I have no room for it.  email me since I can't shrink it enough

river1

Quote from: "reborn55"I have had one since the early 80's--if anyone is interested--I have no room for it.  email me since I can't shrink it enough

to bad i'm not closer, i got a buddy that is looking for one

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WINGNUTZ

I've got a couple of portable 1655's that are 110 and 12V DC so we can test boats in the marina.

Last year you couldn't touch these for less than a Grand each and right now I can't get $700 for the pair!!!!