Something is wrong with the forum

Started by purplepickup, November 03, 2006, 06:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Fat Cat, help!   We broke it :(

I see that people have been posting but the posts aren't coming through.

Actually it looks like it's just on the 4 post lift thread.  I know Sumner posted after me and it didn't show and I can't see Dave's either.

After looking again I see their posts up above mine but I know they posted after.  Sumner commented on it too.
George

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"Fat Cat, help!   We broke it :(

Actually it looks like it's just on the 4 post lift thread.  I know Sumner posted after me and it didn't show and I can't see Dave's either.

It appears to be time related. You post is showing for me but it says it was posted at like 11pm tonight. So in about 4 hours. I will contect the host and see whats up. If nothing else is screwing on their end it should straighten itself out by then. That was something I found in playing with the software on my local computer is that it does not like to have the server clock messed with. If you set it back too far after making a post from in the future it will not show until that time passes.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Fat Cat"If you set it back too far after making a post from in the future it will not show until that time passes.
Wow, I didn't know I could make a post from the future.  Man, you really give your moderators power.  Now if you could make it so I can post things into the past I'll go play in the stock market :D
George

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"If you set it back too far after making a post from in the future it will not show until that time passes.
Wow, I didn't know I could make a post from the future.  Man, you really give your moderators power.  Now if you could make it so I can post things into the past I'll go play in the stock market :D

It wasn't me that gave you the power to do that. It was someone messing with the time on the server. It looks like the time was changed from Am to PM some time between midnight and 6am then it was fixed some time around noon. So any posts in that time were posted on the November 3rd but at the PM hour instead of the AM hour.

1FATGMC

And here I thought I could look into the future and see the question TomS was going to ask before he asked it 8) .  I guess I will have to return to being a mere mortal again :cry: ,

Sum

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "purplepickup"Fat Cat, help!   We broke it :(

It appears to be time related. You post is showing for me but it says it was posted at like 11pm tonight. So in about 4 hours. I will contect the host and see whats up. If nothing else is screwing on their end it should straighten itself out by then. That was something I found in playing with the software on my local computer is that it does not like to have the server clock messed with. If you set it back too far after making a post from in the future it will not show until that time passes.

I think its called "Operator Error"  :lol:   Hey George this could actually help you.It could prevent you from making that next purchase that you don't have room for  :P
Debb

WZ JUNK

Yesterday, I got some duplicate PM's from a week back.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH