Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

Matt, While it is painfully obvious that your vision and talents are not fully appreciated by your current employer know that we here on the RRT always find your incites most illuminating and educational. It is a shame your current situation has led you down such a dark path. Know you and your opinions are always welcome here! 

chris spokes

i'll second that Matt your tallent is top shelf    8)  8)  8)
he who has the most toys wins

idrivejunk

Matt

jaybee

Wow, that A hardtop is killer!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

chimp koose

Somehow the vent windows make for a better side view . Would not have expected that. 8)

idrivejunk

Matt

jaybee

So cool. Love the proportions.

idrivejunk

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. The drawings might be attempts to deserve such praise but they depict a concept that popped into my head and that I wanted to purge. More room within the same space as stock and with less excess height and drag. KB pegged it. Unibody construction and 100% fiction. I like windows down elbow on top of door freedom. Completely unrelated to this career suicide thread.

Again I need to shut up and stop just wanted to confirm there is no reason for or intent to use the drawings. Drew the first one just to have something relevant to put with the Stude one and got carried away. I am sad because I got bucked back to an entry level position doing the stupid things I don't want my name associated with. And its the best I can manage but not sustainable because the wildly excessive amounts of sanding have ruined my body for that. I don't know if I'll be a metal guy again and as Mom says I need another job. Things have changed and there aren't such thing as friends. But theres you guys. :) Thanks again.
Matt

jaybee

Always happy to listen to your creative ideas, only too pleased to affirm that your metalwork has turned into excellent cars, and familiar with being stuck in positions where no one wants to hear what I have to say. Hope you find someone who's willing to listen, the sooner the better.

idrivejunk

Its a day to day challenge and I ain't half the man I used to be. The urge to pull up stakes comes and goes but reality is always bleak. My body is shouting at me that theres not much sanding left to get. Very hard pushing past my limits daily. Glad you're here anyways.

BTW I thought if the back window could tilt out at bottom that might be neat. I sketched a sedan delivery version last nite.
Matt

idrivejunk

Frank's and for naught because now its Ranger bedsides.

Yes I am using Ranger Bed Sides. Just the top 4". I am cutting the rest off and discarding the rest of it except the area around the gas door. A buddy of mine with a boat repair shop is making the panels from there on down in a mold I made, on the contour of the Stude cab side shape. He also has some molds I made many years ago that are for the front and rear of the front wheel openings. With a pair of M series rear glass fenders flipped side to side, molded into the bed sides, and modified front wheel opening molded into the fenders, I think it will look  like the truck I want.
Matt