Long time local rodder passes

Started by purplepickup, June 05, 2006, 06:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Any of you that have attended the awards ceremonies at any of the NSRA Nats North have probably heard Larry Radcliff speak on behalf of the Southern Michigan Street Rod Association.  He was a co-founder of the club in 1967 and was president many times over the years.  He was the guy on the mike at the Charleton Park Father's Day show that the club put on for 25 years too.   He died of a heart attack while on a fishing trip in northern Michigan Saturday.  

We worked together for over 20 years and shared many rodding trips, experiences, and tales.  He was a very kind hearted, happy man and will be missed dearly by many people.  I expect there will be many, many hotrods at the funeral tomorrow.

I just thought I'd mention it in case someone here had met him and would like to know.

George :cry:
George

phat46

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that. I was introduced to him a couple years ago.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

It's always sad when a happy fellow leaves us. My condolences to all the family and friends.
TEAM SMART

Did not know him.....Sounds like my loss! It appears he wasn't a stranger.....just a friend I hadn't met yet.Godspeed!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

abonecoupe31

Quote from: "purplepickup"Any of you that have attended the awards ceremonies at any of the NSRA Nats North have probably heard Larry Radcliff speak on behalf of the Southern Michigan Street Rod Association.  He was a co-founder of the club in 1967 and was president many times over the years.  He was the guy on the mike at the Charleton Park Father's Day show that the club put on for 25 years too.   He died of a heart attack while on a fishing trip in northern Michigan Saturday.  

We worked together for over 20 years and shared many rodding trips, experiences, and tales.  He was a very kind hearted, happy man and will be missed dearly by many people.  I expect there will be many, many hotrods at the funeral tomorrow.

I just thought I'd mention it in case someone here had met him and would like to know.

George :cry:

I'm sorry to hear that George.  My son Dan and I got to shake his hand once when he presented us with an award at the 2000 Father's Day Car Show at Charleton Park for our 28 Model A Woodie.

I'm a pretty young "Geezer" but it seems with each passing day I lose more and more of my friends and acquaintences.

My condolences to his family, and May God Bless.

Mark aka Abonecoupe31

slocrow

Sorry George! We're getting to the age..............
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

jaybee

Sounds like someone who left a positive impression on a large number of people.  You can't live life much better than that.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

n.c.rodder

I met Larry at the Lane Appreciation Day in 2000 when I became the Advisor. He has always stopped to say hi anytime I ran into him at any show. Southern Michigan has lost a great friend!

He will be missed :(

Mike
Till we meet - On the street