Let me make my first post on this site and show you my ride.

Started by CQQL33, November 11, 2006, 09:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CQQL33

[/img]

Here are a couple pictures of my claim to the Hot Rod world.   I have been lurking for a long time and haven't posted anything.   I guess I haven't had much to say.
This is a glass '33 Ford coupe by Downs Mfg., it is on a custom made, pro-street, chassis by Performance Engineering.   The work was done by myself and a couple friends assisted during it's construction.   I painted it black and a friend painted the flames.    A/C, pwr door locks, windows, deck lid, pwr disc brakes at all 4 corners, tilt/telescope column, stereo, all the comforts for an old dude.   It was a project that got totally out of hand.   Everytime someone visited the garage and made a suggestion, it got built into this ride, St.steel exhaust, St.steel gas tank, Aluminum radiator.     It was not all planned to happen this way but I am glad it did now.    Took a little over 3 years to complete (they are never completed, you just stop working on them).    Oh yeah, powered by a SBC 350 thru a 350 tranny, to a Curry 9 inch w/ 350 gears.    I had 4:11's in it for a while but it was not good out on the highway.    The 350 gears seem to be O.K. for the long haul.
  I have met some of you folks on the road in the past and I hope to meet more of you in the future.    To set the record straight, I am not a GOLD CHAINER, this was a project that got totally out of hand. :D  :D  :D

gt28a

Quote from: "CQQL33"

I dont get it....where's the car in this pic? :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

CQQL33

Sorry fellows, she got in the way just as I was taking the picture........ :twisted:

phat rat

Quote from: "CQQL33"Sorry fellows, she got in the way just as I was taking the picture........ :twisted:

wives have a way of doing that :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

donsrods

I keep telling my GIRLFRIEND to stay out of other peoples pictures, but she is just so unmanagable.  Hope she didn't mess it up TOO bad for you. :oops:  :oops:  :shock:  :D  Now I've got to SPANK her.  

Nice little coupe, BTW.

and, Welcome.

Don

pvcerod

And look at all that fine Leather Work.......Hmmmmmm.......on the Seats I mean :shock:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
Happy Cruzin
Steve

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

the yeti

So which one is your ride? I wouldnt mind the ford either

CQQL33

You are a dirty old man........................................lol