$3,000,000 Concept Car Sold at Barrett-Jackson!!

Started by 40, January 29, 2005, 08:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody else think that fellow bumped his head? :roll:  At least it will be on display for us poor shmucks to see in Colorado!Have to admit...it is a pretty cool ride,much more desirable with that Rocket V-8 than it's cousin the Corvette!As the announcer said,If Oldsmobile had built that car,Perhaps they'd still be around :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

I saw that. Told the wife I would be wondering where I was going to get that kind of money if I bought it.  Boyd's Whathehaye sold for $505,000. By the way, the guy that bought the Olds has spent over $5,000,000 so far this weekend. :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

oiler

anyone know what the story is with that guy?
I can't see you ever making back your money running a museum in Co.
I was sure I'd heard one of the commentators say that he drove a Enzo for fun.
Too much money too little brain
Jeff

kb426

TEAM SMART

The auction this year is all "No Reserve"...I heard them say that they had over 5,000 cars that applied and they chose the 900 they wanted.Out of the 900 entered,100 were Corvettes.I agree, that museum in Gatewood Colorado I think,will have to have a pretty stout admission fee to make up for the 5 Mill that he just blew :roll: I was there in 2000 and 2002...it looks like it's grown in size and seems to be a bit more organized each year.

"What car are you referring  too?"....It was a 1954 Olds F88 Concept car,one of 3 built by Olds to rival Chevy's Corvette.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "40"Anybody else think that fellow bumped his head? :roll:  At least it will be on display for us poor shmucks to see in Colorado!Have to admit...it is a pretty cool ride,much more desirable with that Rocket V-8 than it's cousin the Corvette!As the announcer said,If Oldsmobile had built that car,Perhaps they'd still be around :P

If you go to the Barretjackson.com web site you can see a pic of it!! we saw this car at the ACD Museum a few yrs back.

Enjenjo, what model was the Boyd car, I wanted to see if it was on the web site.
Debb

enjenjo

It was called the Whathehaye. Custom built body by Marcel, Viper V10 power.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Quote from: "40"It was a 1954 Olds F88 Concept car,one of 3 built by Olds to rival Chevy's Corvette.
There's pictures of it here: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=178112
George

Crosley.In.AZ

the first year we attended the auction ( 1985 i think)... we watched a local guy buy a 3 million dollar Duzenberg.  This when the big old cars were  bringing serious money.

The guy owned local TV station / radio stations, Arabian horse ranch in Snottsdale.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jusjunk

Quote from: "oiler"anyone know what the story is with that guy?
I can't see you ever making back your money running a museum in Co.
I was sure I'd heard one of the commentators say that he drove a Enzo for fun.
Too much money too little brain
Jeff

Thats not the only car he bought! I think has bought 3 maybe 4 so far . Id like to know whats going on with him also? where do you get that kind of money?
Dave

Slick 50

I think I heard the commentators say that a guy came up and said he has the other two in his barn and that they could be had for 12 mil.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

Brootal

Car Museum + Expensive Cars = Tax Deduction. :)

Here's the Olds Concept Car. For 5 mil, I'd want it in a nice colour!

Boyd's "Whatthehaye"

Flash! Once again, I don't like the colour though, so I'd have to knock it back. :roll:
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

purplepickup

Here's a couple pics I took of the Pontiac version of the Harley Earl concepts. Two of these were made.  There was a Cadillac and Buick too.

George

George...What was the power plant in the Pontiac Concept??