The Rebuild of my Vauxhall almost there :)

Started by barnsey, December 27, 2009, 09:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

32coupe

If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

purplepickup

The only thing I'll say about the color is that now is the time to make sure it's going to be what you want....but then purple looks ok to me....

You've done a very good job on the build.  It's not common, at least over here....I like it. 8)
George

chimp koose

If its not too much trouble ,I think the firewall would look best in purple too. I like that colour!

barnsey

Yeah the firewall was painted red when i was going to respray the car in the firethorn red, I changed my mind and went with the purple color afterwards, the engine will come out when i fit the new gearbox, so i will mask the firwall up then and give it a coat of violet.
I have now almost officially moved into my new house, just need to get my dog and my lounge and i am done, as soon as i get my new shed sorted out, i will start work on the car again.
cheers barnsey.
p.s hope all of you guys have a great new years eve. I have my fridge stocked full of softdrink lol (soda)  :D

barnsey

:oops:  well its been quite a while since i posted in this thread, I am still playing with the Vauxhall and am still not much closer to being finished, but its slowly coming togeather, work commitments have kept me out of the shed so i haven't spent as much time on the car as i would of liked to.
some things i have done since my last post are,
all the brakes are now plumbed up and working
I have had most of the interior trim re upholstered, seats door cards etc. the trim is all sitting in my spare room waiting for me to finish the rest of the car  :oops:
I have re-painted the firewall in body color.
also painted the engine too.
I have had a change also in the supercharger dept, and removed the m90 and replaced it with a B&M unit, not sure what size it is but l thought the m90 was a little too new looking and the B&M Supercharger will look more period. I just need to get it all polished up now to match the rest of the engine accessories.

I have done lots of fiddly bits and finished a few other things off as well.
any way here are a few of the latest pics.
cheers barnsey

and a couple of the pulley tension-er i am working on.

tom36

That's sharp!  Love the engine.  Tom...

chimp koose

fast401

Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

39deluxe

This just gets better all the time. The engine looks famtastic.

Tom

barnsey

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, i will get onto them tonight, been flat out with work atm
cheers barnsey

barnsey

I made this little video to give me a bit of a push and remind me how much i have already done on the car, I am going to try and finish it all off over the Xmas break, yep i know everyone has heard me say that before but this time i am going to try a bit harder, the worst part about working for yourself is that work always gets in the way of your free time.
barnsey

glocab

Hey barnsey looking good mate, but i see that pink guy had to be in the photo`s. Where there is a camera that pink 32 will be there.
Regards Bazza

rog

39deluxe