What is this, and why is it in my toolbox?

Started by 58 Yeoman, December 15, 2014, 04:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I found this in my toolbox, and I don't know what it is, or why I have it.  It's about 1 5/8" in diameter, and 1 5/8" to the top of the two prongs.

1/2" drive.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Arnold

It's a type of socket for removing lock rings.
They come in all different sizes and configurations from a lot of different tool companies.
What is NOT FUN :evil: is when for WHATEVER :?: reason the lock ring you cannot get off without one of these is ONLY manufactured by ONE company.I have some Ford sockets(as well as others) that are like that.You get them :lol: from the Ford "specialty tools" division.(Here in  Canada anyway..if they are still around.)

There used to be some very thin wall.."rounded hex nuts" sockets.As well as some with pins like this.

No special tool no take apart :evil:  :lol:

enjenjo

Google the part number on the side, along with the brand name if there is one, and you can probably find out what it's for.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

It's an unloader ring tool for a Quincy compressor
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Wow...Frank, you're fast.  I tried the numbers on the side (N 6664-1) and didn't come up with anything on google.  It's made in the USA, and doesn't have a name.  It must've fallen out of the sky and bounced into my toolbox through the open door.  I've never had a Quincy, let alone work on one.

Thanks for the clarification.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil