Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

It was cool and windy but it was a fun day at the old drag strip
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Lot of rain , wind , rain , more wind here for 5 days in a row.. Spring has sprung here too.  My allergies have gone nutz.

Installed the 2 new batterys in the rv last week.. another $217.00 with tax in the fun we have?  Battery case lids are not installed in the photo. They are vented to the outside
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I have watched it snow and blow all day. Not terrible but certainly stopped all of my outdoor activities. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Rolled the RV out today.  Open it up. Check stuff inside. No leaks found from recent rains and blowing wind.

My allergies are still nutz. Its been a couple years since I had a bad case like this one.

Weather continues to be very windy, slight rain each day or overnite .
Tony

idrivejunk

Left tower done on the 73 job. Joined the connecting piece of tunnel to firewall yesterday and trimmed that for butt welding. You can see by the screw tabs left that there was plenty of room to plug weld it. But since I got the news yesterday that this guy wants to add supercharger too (as all Coyote folks do) I figure they can afford / will want the firewall smooth. Not like it will be visible much though. Nothing like doubling the horsepower halfway through body construction. I guess it will handle it. Same builds that get the upgrade still never want any sort of rollbar. :-\
Matt

WZ JUNK

I made a free standing mail box our of a large diesel engine crankshaft and flywheel. It is very heavy.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Called Costco the other day to see if I could get both vehicles in at the same time for tire rotation/balance.  Today was the day, 1pm.  We dropped both in the lot, then did our shopping.  Thirty five minutes and we were done shopping, but it usually takes an hour or so for the tires.  Looked at new fridges to waste time. Good grief, I hope ours last another 20 years.  Yep, took an hour and eight minutes for both vehicles to be done.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Saw a lady eagle this week, on the wing but close up. The scale of those things is (say this in a British documentary host voice) extraordinarily massive. Bloody hell!

I'll work my way out of this coyote den eventually. Started plugging the cowl on today. The unimaginative beads on firewall will be buried behind engine but are for strength, not beauty. :)

Matt

58 Yeoman

* skunk came around last night while we were watching tv in the basement family room.  Worst smell for quite sometime.  I looked out the front door with a flashlight, and it went running down toward the creek.  When that happens, we run the furnace blower and spray some Ozium around the rooms (sparingly), and the smell usually goes away.  Today, I set some live traps outside with tuna, three traps by the creek and one right in front of the house.  I looked outside at 10pm and saw the little polecat eating birdseed on the ground.  Trap untouched.

I grabbed the 22 with scope and light and snuck out the back door of the garage. Went around to the front, and it looked at me once when I turned on the light, but didn't move far.  That was his second mistake.  One hollow point and it's down for the count, and no spray.  Took it out in the country and dumped it off a bridge to a dry creek.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I've been down and out... My allergy stuff worked into a head cold.  I have that cold mostly burned out of me now.

We had a couple days of mostly calm weather.  Saturday afternoon we have a new rain storm to roll in, thru monday.  :twisted:

I found a couple tired  bicycles for 20 buck$ each. I may buy them for another small project.  LOL  :-[

A few trim items in the bathroom of this mobile home need replacing and caulking of course...  THese old park model manufactured houses are like children: they always need attention on something.

:o

Tony

chimp koose

went to our big car show here today. 2 427SOHC cars in the show , an early 60s galaxie and a 70 mustang . Lots of nice cars but I am just not feeling it lately. Sold a pair of fiberglass rear T coupe fenders to a guy at the swap meet I met last year . I am getting tired of tire kickers on my roadster chassis . 3 guys in the last 2 weeks .

Crosley.In.AZ

Visited a hot rod gathering this saturday:

A few photos of some cars there..
Tony

jaybee

Quite a few cool cars in those 3 picks. I love that little Crosley.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Couple photos of Arizona based drag cars at event we attended saturday
Tony