Wire info

Started by kb426, January 11, 2018, 09:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I found this the other day and thought some of you might want to know the difference in the wire nomenclature.

Wire-&-Cable
Cross-Link Wire
Cross-Link Wire is the ideal wire choice for engine compartments and other high temperature environments.  Cross-Link Wire is manufactured with a chemically cross-linked, polyethylene insulation providing extra protection in extreme environments. The high temperature rating of this insulation ensures the bare copper stranding stays insulated from high temperature and corrosive environments. The high temperature Cross-Link Wire is available in three insulation sizes: SXL, GXL, and TXL. The SXL wire has the thickest insulation to withstand prolonged extreme temperatures. The GXL wire has a medium-thickness insulation to resist fusing and melting. Finally, the TXL wire has the thinnest insulation to provide minimal diameter and weight to the wire.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I've been using the GXL wire on automotive stuff.  Buy it from Del City
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"I've been using the GXL wire on automotive stuff.  Buy it from Del City

Same here.Actually I have been using it since the late 80s, but at that time I was buying it from a DelcoRemy dealer. Lately I have been buying some from an Ebay vendor in New York  (4rcustomswire)  Better price and free shipping. I have also switched to TXL wire for most interior use, I am only using the GLX for wire exposed to the elements.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.