Dusty H.

Started by idrivejunk, July 31, 2021, 11:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Just wanted to make a meager li'l tribute here, to an ol' boy who through music, impacted my life early and ever since. I saw ZZ Top a few times in the 80s in the South and have always said if I were stranded alone on a desert island but could pick one band's music to have around... it would be them. When I was a senior (not citizen, but H.S.), I did a watercolor rendition of their Eliminator album cover which earned a big contest ribbon and hung at NSU for awhile. They are forever favorites of mine.

As a token of my respect and with due condolences to them who Dusty Hill may have held dear, I present this pic of my ride from Halloween of 1983. Note the pinstripes and legs. This is a little belated in posting but it's the first chance I've had to express my gratitude and percieved loss for all of us. Your thoughts are welcome.

I thank you, Tres Hombres. May he rest in peace. :arrow:
Matt

chimp koose

I had never seen ZZ Top in concert but was supposed to go to a concert of theirs in april of 2020 . Covid took that away . I have always loved their music , saw a documentary on the band once and it made me appreciate them even more. I would love to see them play again but would totally get it if they decide its over. They had a long history of playing together and touring may have been as much about the friendships as it was about the music . The music world has suffered a loss indeed .

enjenjo

I always loved their music, they never did a song I didn't like. The only one I met was Billy Gibbons, and he was just a regular guy to be around.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.