HotRodPaint's builds

Started by HotRodPaint, August 13, 2008, 06:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodPaint

I built quite a few cars in the '60s & '70s, before I found out that I would rather build a car than own one.  After I got married and started a family, I found that I didn't have time to cruise...and street racing no longer seemed like a good idea, so I was always bored with the final product, and sold it to fund the next project.

Here is one I built right after my move to Tucson.  It was an 11:1 301 with an M22 4-speed, and had all of the usual engine goodies.  I modified an L88 hood bubble into a scoop.

HotRodPaint

HotRodPaint

HotRodPaint

....and another.  This car was sold, so I could finish the two '57 Vette builders I'd found.

HotRodPaint

Here is another one:

I found this car in Tucson, and after driving it to work daily for 5 years, I did a full frame-off resto.

It's an original 409-425HP car...original to Tucson.  I did change the color to red over black, instead of the aqua-aqua with white top.  That was too much like grandma's 6-cylinder SS!  I added the screw-top battery, resto tires, spring type battery cables, all of the factory stickers, and was even able to keep the stock bore!

I sold it in '86 to start my paint business.  It went to a collector in New York.

HotRodPaint

HotRodPaint

Sorry if some of these are badly dated.  For the last 25 years, my best work has gone onto other people's toys.  I have pictures of several more builds I've done, but will need to dig them out.

enjenjo

I still have pictures of some of my stuff from the 60s.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodPaint

Quote from: "enjenjo"I still have pictures of some of my stuff from the 60s.

I could describe some of the old stuff, but I'll wait until I dig the pictures out.  :-(

HotRodPaint

I know this is conservative compared to a hot rod, but I think some may appreciate it.

Here is the famous thumpin'...tire smokin'....rear end bustin' "4-speed, dual quad, positraction 409"!