16'' steel wheels 5x41/2 ford

Started by 1950longbox, October 28, 2007, 04:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1950longbox

Does any body know if any cars came with a 16'' steel wheel 5x4.5 bolt patteren. Thanks

Canuck

Quote from: "1950longbox"Does any body know if any cars came with a 16'' steel wheel 5x4.5 bolt patteren. Thanks

Try 49-50 Ford Cars, some were 16", most were 15".  Also 40-50s Mopar might work for you.

Canuck
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

1950longbox

enjenjo

Hudson and Nash too. Also later model space saver spares if you are looking for narrow rims.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

late model crown vics (98 +/- ) ...have 16 inch  steel wheels... 5 on 4-1/2 i think.. i have 3 steel multi hole versions of the taxi next door that i was going to put on my 70 ranchero... i will get a photo and a size tomorrow,  they are out in the dark right now...and the new cell phone has no flash i that i can find yet...

1950longbox

Quote from: "wayne petty"late model crown vics (98 +/- ) ...have 16 inch  steel wheels... 5 on 4-1/2 i think.. i have 3 steel multi hole versions of the taxi next door that i was going to put on my 70 ranchero... i will get a photo and a size tomorrow,  they are out in the dark right now...and the new cell phone has no flash i that i can find yet...

Thanks that would be great i hadn't thought about the newer grand vic's

brti

Willys trucks and jeeps cj2A had 16" rims with that pattern. Only thing different was the hole in the center was bigger to accomodate the big hubs but same as early ford pattern. :roll:  They were skinny took a 600X16 tire.
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later

btrc

I have 16" wheels on my '63 Mercury Comet.  They are the spare wheels from (4) '99 explorers.  They are the same as the crown vic wheels but easier to find around here. I also used 2000 crown vic center caps from a police car or taxi.

Bob
Bob

C9

Quote from: "btrc"I have 16" wheels on my '63 Mercury Comet.  They are the spare wheels from (4) '99 explorers.  They are the same as the crown vic wheels but easier to find around here. I also used 2000 crown vic center caps from a police car or taxi.

Bob

We have a cople of Explorers in the local wrecking yard.
How wide are they?
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

1950longbox

Wow those are all cars and trucks i never would have thought to even look at, Thanks again!

wayne petty

here is the steel crown vic wheel off the 98 taxi...

1950longbox

Quote from: "1950longbox"Wow those are all cars and trucks i never would have thought to even look at, Thanks again!

It looks like a fairly wide wheel, that might be perfect. I'll have to go to the local junk yard with a tape measure now!

mrloboy

Trev, what width are you looking for? What are you putting them on? I have a set of '34 Dodge wheels with that bolt pattern and are an "artillery" looking style and are 16", but they are only about 4" wide. Any good to you? Give me a call. Rick

wayne petty

the taxi was out....more 16's

this is what it has on it now...