2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I scooped snow this morning. That was enough exercise for the day. I can get all of the vehicles out. Several drifts to move. The sun is out and it will be better before the next cold front at the end of the week.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Chilly morning here too.  No snow or ice..

My carport temp gauge said it was 32*F ....  We took off for breakfast, errands, Home Depot, Wally World.. The car said it was 30*F at that time.

My wife reports the vacuum works better than ever.  The vacuum was left behind when we bought this park model mobile home.  :idea:    :idea:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

58 Yeoman

Tony, you would've gotten by cheap on that service deal.  After we had bought a used Subaru and had to take it in for warranty work, they called my wife and said that all the fluids needed changing and it would cost about $800.  We declined.

We got our internet back today after being out for two days.  Our Verizon cell service also disappeared last night, but is back up today.  We had a really wet, heavy snow, and the township snowplow demolished our newish mailbox once again.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Makes you want to leave the banged up mailbox in place, don't it? Its like a freshy is a target. :roll:

I said awhile back the 69 GT was ready to paint. Well, thats about to happen now I think. Code F, Aqua metallic.

Rails are good on my 73 job and only one rear torque box has the rot. Flange cleanup for pan install done. Stock trans tunnel and brace are nowhere near wide enough for anything that goes behind a Coyote so pan will go in with screws for mockup. I have upper and lower cowl panels and theres some A pillar rot. Noticed that the 73 has an actual trunk pan instead of gas tank top as the floor. Which may be how it ends up, using the through the floor style. Smooth firewall and aprons are on the list, so... classic Matt... I want answers and mockups and what not because much modification is involved where putting stock metal back would be counterproductive.

Case and point- A guy made screens with bezels for the unpaintable 51 F1 hood this week. And got to just build them however he liked. They go at bottom of the HVAC ductwork and hex mesh from a first gen Mustang grille was used. That much seems appropriate.

Below are a couple critters from the back yard. (Coyotes, back shop, Ford and Mercury.
Matt

kb426

^^^^
Coyotes multiply like rabbits in your area. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

ah yes, Mail boxes run down. A bit different out here without snow. 

In the late 1970s a new house we bought had mail box at the street. With a sidewalk there, the mailbox was set back from the street..  Months later it was run over, smashed. Our mail was scattered about.  It was a basic cheap metal frame holding the mail box.

I installed some .250 wall 2.5 inch round tube mount for the new mail box, concrete about 2 feet in the ground. I arc welded some some decorative curly stuff on it too. Many weeks later someone ran into the mailbox again.  From the liquids and pieces on the ground, I accomplished my objective.  :twisted:  :shock:

After that, I built a mailbox mount from a sbc crankshaft, header tube bits, harmonic balancer and few other bits  into a little "guy" with an extended arm to hold the mailbox. I thought it was spiffy.  My wife veto'd that idea.

8)  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

In Kansas, a man in a rural area got tired of people running over his mail box. He did a serious one. As I remember, some kids were running over mail boxes. they got hurt and he was found liable. ????
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: kb426 on January 10, 2024, 05:39:12 PM^^^^
Coyotes multiply like rabbits in your area. :)

Yes, they have gone feral. Not enough roadrunners to keep them in check. :lol:
Matt

sirstude

We are getting the cold from Canada today. It is 6 degrees right now, and -24 tonight.  They are calling for -50 in wind chill, the weathermen love wind chill.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

idrivejunk

56° F here now, on a fluke of warmth ahead of... well, the mild sounding -7 forecast for next Monday morning. Supposed to hit 59 today.

Lots of gun killings here this week. :blank:

I love how old metallic colors turn out in modern paint. :)  Beautiful hue. Gonna be a pretty car.
Matt

kb426

^^^
That mustang will be great with the correct wheels. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

You mean Bullitts of course.  :)

Setting stock and TTs and Cragars aside...

First thing outta my mouth was Keystones. Second was slots. Third was Centerlines. But none of the above is my bet. I left off keeping up with wheel styles and new car names long ago. What would you-all suggest?

I was back there just now putting a tape measure on the intended engine and trans for the 73 and while whittling shall be required, I don't think its so bad. Exhaust is probably the major width thing. Tunnel could be wide enough for trans but maybe not tall enough. Interweb says thats a glass transmission though and some have "skip shift"... wth?

I have the rails and cross brace all niced up and shot and am working at shaggy edges around pan.
Matt

58 Yeoman

Nice color, is that GM?  I don't remember any Fords that color, but then, I live in a vacuum.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Its the original color, 1969 Ford Mustang, Code F. Gulf Stream Aqua metallic. Before pic below.

The good color cars got used up first.  :idea:
Matt