2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Can't preview with pics so got them wrong
Matt

58 Yeoman

Matt, if you're talking about bird crap on my side view mirrors, the birds may be sitting on them looking at their reflection in the glass of the door. Maybe cover the glass and try that.  As for everything else, ,maybe you need a cat?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

We went to Dewey, Ok for the Stray Kat 500 show today.  Then to an off road show near our home late this afternoon.  I stopped on Route 66 at Alton, Ok to look at this guys stuff.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

About the only thing I have left of my brother's estate is a single stage snow blower.  He apparently used ethanol gas in it, and it would only run with the choke half way on.  I pulled it apart and tried cleaning it to no avail.  I bought a new carb off ebay for $18 delivered and it runs great now.  It even looks better than the original with an extra adjustment screw, but don't ask me what it does, as it runs great without messing with it.  I think it's going to be hard to sell this time of year, though.

Phil

idrivejunk

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on May 06, 2023, 12:36:15 PMMatt, if you're talking about bird crap on my side view mirrors, the birds may be sitting on them looking at their reflection in the glass of the door. Maybe cover the glass and try that.  As for everything else, ,maybe you need a cat?

One must have died. Like the old yeller one across the street maybe. Because it hasn't been this way this bad before. Looking to break their habit and just can't imagine they like cling wrap to land on. I'd be wrong though because I went to give the injured GT activity and you guessed it... fecal contact required on the clipped wrap wads. Oooo K. Foil on shopping list.

Be that as it may, (and it is. May.) said activity was adjustment of alignment sleeve on rear radius rod of left rear suspension of my recently hit-and-run-while-parked... attacked, 1999 Grand Prix GT. A noble servant and battle hardened mount since 2009, with more than 100K less miles than the daily driver.

It has now been hit on every corner and 3 of 4 wheels directly. Got hit every month starts with a J in 2013 for crying out loud. That marked the beginning of the personality you've all come to tolerate but I been whittlin at.

Then something like this comes along. Worse than anger is utter futility. Learned when an airbag broke my arm that all response to attack is futile. Blame it on me for parking in the street for several years in the sole space allowed by city code which is halfway down a dead end block. In broad daylight. >:(

Boy howdy. Cops been having to come for a barking dog lately too. But it was peaceful enough today for me to tug a wrench laying in 90+° sun on a shipping blanket not touching any droppings. Finding an ant or two on me now though. Futile, I tell ya what. Thats a complete sentence in the junk driving world. :P

See pics. Is it fixed? No. Better? Yes. I "straightened" the radius rod with jack and stand hurriedly on junkyard day. Today I just helped the toe via adj sleeve on rear rod. The front, plain, airweight radius rod looked like the banana-esque trailing arm shown next to the savagely salvaged junkyard radius rod. I mean tube.

Man that suspension corner just has zero defense against a hit on back of wheel. Wadded up wheelhouse stuff too. Bumper all rattly loose, coupe rocker cladding torn, quarter dent, sigh, paint scrapes... even a new like carpet burn spot on the outer tip of mirror.

The world is cruel to shiny things. Just sharing another story before it gets dumped in the rage pool. I wrenched, woohoo! :)
Matt

58 Yeoman

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

A lite day here..  Little bit of leaf blowing around here.  Wife stitched (by hand) up a rip in the Honda Car drivers seat.  We put new tires on the Civic last week. Old tires were  over 6 yrs old, 68k miles with rubber remaining.

I  BBQ some steak meat and a few brats this afternoon.  We have been using a small local butcher shop that is close by. So far no disappointments.  Well, cept the lady there is real chatty. Non stop. Happy gal. Stories to tell.  8)

its weird (?) , we have 2 butcher shops close by.  Butcher Bobs and Al's Meat Market. Both are nice places. We buy from both.  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on May 06, 2023, 11:08:15 PMLooks like ya got it.

Thanks, bub.  8)

Oh like I say, she ain't fixed. That car is tough like my Mom though I swear. It drove for the most part like it's old self today. Camber that looks like VW Beetle rears can be found on these cars a lot if a guy looks. Because of the glass suspension. Slotting bolt holes in struts to get wheels to stand up is standard fare on them.

Caught myself worrying how it will do as-is on bumpy rainy curves... because only three corners form a box now. Then I remembered...

Left tie rod (front) on the car is still a banana from a CX-9 blow recieved a decade ago. And the subframe never would pull out quite enough, etc. So...

Reckon I am in good shape. If I ever found out who hit my GT I have a chewout stowed that'd curl your nose hairs. Never did really get steamed over the hit and run.

They got away. I gotta say its tough to behave in a self respectable manner while constantly being bombarded by the all. The modern measure of a man is his capacity to lay down and take everything whimpering. Because theres no fault. Nobody did it unless you caught em. Only all victims, no responsibility only pointless flogging of law enforcement and insurance. Fine thing, ain't it? Fair is I wasn't killed, I suppose.

Sure has been some nice days out. Prime stuff, I enjoy overcast. :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

My Goldwing needs a new front tire... Getting down to the wear bars with near 18k miles on it.. Prices have gone up since my last purchase. To the tune of 50 buck$.. Last tire cost me 160 $$ and now they are $210.00 for the same tire. Granted: the last new tire was near 5 yrs ago.  :roll:  :roll:

Anyhow, I know some folks here are on the edge of their  seats for more project updates:  I finished the replacement of trim out around the bathroom window.  OEM stuff was the sheet rock with flower pattern on the finished side.  Pre made stuff Saves work and material during construction of the mobile home.

I used basic 1/4 inch thick sheet rock, brad nailer, PVC trim and the ol caulk that is rated for 60 - 80 years (I guess)  8)  Caulking material seems to have silly life span rating on them?

Finish photo of the bath winder is not painted.. BUT: my wife has since painted that window repair and trim , she also painted the kitchen cabinet trim and pieces.

I know you folks wonder:  what is all this effort to finish project stuff?  We leave the valley of the heat in a few weeks, not to return for about 4 to 5 months.  We head to AZ mountains. The 5th wheel will sit there.  We plan on a few road trips in the Civic Honda car.  The 5th wheel may travel a few places too, just not as many miles as in 2022.  We have no extensive travel plans this year. Last summer my wife had raod trip stuff planned to the Nth degree. Not this year

:(  :(
Tony

WZ JUNK

I repurposed the repurposed. Years ago I needed a business sign and I made one out of some old tools and a couple of driveshafts.  It was laying with some junk by the shop.  I made a mailbox out of it yesterday. Eventually I will advertise it and hopefully sell it.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

New front tire for my Goldwing motorcycle arrived today..  I ordered it from a company named: Wingstuff  :lol:

I bought a couple tire tools too. Need to bring my Harbor Freight tire change contraption over here from storage and have my way with it.

Gotta change the cr2032 battery in the TPMS sensor on the wheel too. That requires solder work.

???  ???
Tony

58 Yeoman

I've still got my HF tire changer stashed away in the garage.  Don't use it for MC tires anymore, but have used it on car tires.

Phil

WZ JUNK

I spent the day with an old friend at the Tulsa Drag Strip and watched him run his pro mod car.  Very fast and fun.  I enjoyed watching a pro team prep the car between rounds.  They all have jobs and they are all busy.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

Loaded up my Harbor freight tire holder - mounting tool in to the F350..

Set the Goldwing up on stands under the engine guards.  Plastic fender and shields removed so far.
Tony

chimp koose