2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster, idrivejunk and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaybee

Hey George, do you still have the pic of the truck leaving the line at Milan Dragway? I used to have that one among my desktop wallpaper collection, but I lost it somewhere along the line.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Phil: Hope you are doing well.

Been windy as could be here. Sunday was brutal , there was  snow in northern Arizona.. This storm front likely is headed east?

Received my report on F350 oil sample from Blackstone Labs..  All the numbers were good.  Oil only had 2450 miles on it from near 1 year ago.  We did not travel in the RV much last year. We did put 5200 miles on the daily driver Honda Civic car. 

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Thanks for all the well wishes.  Got a call from the doctors office yesterday giving me an appointment on the 22nd for an xray and possible removal of the chest tube.  Breathing well, minor pains and chest tube isn't draining much fluid, so doing pretty well.

Kitchen cabinet refacing will be done NEXT Thursday and Friday.  Decided stove and fridge will also be replaced as fridge is 24 years old and stove is a POS. Going with a professional stove this time, hoping for one that will work as intended; this will be our fourth stove since moving here in 2008.  Not a good track record for appliances.

I'm still amazed at the odds of seeing George's truck at a car show on a Corvair site.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

George's truck does have Corvair front suspension and brakes.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

"George's truck does have Corvair front suspension and brakes."

Well, there you go.  I didn't know that.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

416Ford

George, was this the year you sold the truck? I think it is the last picture I have of it in Kzoo.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

I was tucking rear bumper on the 73 job yesterday when the guy working on the 51F1 came to me in desperation trying to get doors to work.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I have no pity.  :blank: Thats what ya get. A conspiracy of astounding proportions was required to make the job go so badly. All because no one listened. Not once. That has only worsened since.

None of you will recall any of what I am talking about and I will not care. It is just a shame, all around, that things cannot change. That same deliberate ignorance prevails to this day.

That is why I don't want my name in any future article features, should they occur. Decided that a long time ago. Sadly.

Most of this week thus far was spent mudding sail panel seams on the 73 job. When I get to work today, first thing I have to do is deliver catastrophic news to the F1 assembler. Wonderful! :)

On the bright side haha, I am entering my fourth year of no auto A/C. Theres nobody to get a ride from and no facility to use to repair the hit n run on the GT but the GTP keeps going. Flumpflumpflump now though.

Matt

purplepickup

I'll look for that pic John and PM it to you if I find it.
George

kb426

Matt, I'm amazed at the mileage on that car. You got a good one. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Yep Bill, she's a ringer. :)

Street was blocked, power out on my block when I got home. Sat with grumbly gut an extra 15-20 minutes waiting to drive the last hunnert yards to my pad.

Guess why. Big tree down across road.  :roll:

Big front just went through with no GP crashing limbs. Just rain despite news yelling severe and impact a lot.

F1 got sorted out shortly after removing stock weatherstrips. I tucked (mocked up with old stuff tacked) the 73 rear bumper and continued mud work. On the old quarter.

No other excitement to report. :)
Matt

jaybee

Thanks, George. I loved that pic because there was a lot too it. Nice action picture.

Matt, I recall they took the '51 right in the middle of the work after gradually moving you to the edge of the action. Since then there's been more than once they ended up doing extra work because they didn't know where the first work was headed.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

You hit the nail on the head so eloquently. :) Thank you.

It was a blatant attempt at constructive dismissal, no two ways about that. Why, I'll never know.

Nobody is giving me crap now though. I often wish I could resume my car hobby but theres just not a way. The damage is done. If I step outside myself and look around at the shop, all but three jobs are wearing my bodywork. Lots and lots of it. It is as if I am out-pacing parts buying and job finishing ability by a long shot. I still have no wheels, tires, or transmission, suspension, rearend, or new rear valance and bumpers. Avoiding backwards work is my objective but I am outgunned by circumstances beyond my control. I guess its OK. People that get their ride finished are happy and all I want is metal work.
Matt

idrivejunk

Made some rust bunnies for Mom's yard. :)  :idea:  :arrow:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Testing the Harbor Freight bicycle rack hitch mount today. I did some measurements of the rack pf how close it is to the hitch receiver of my F350...  It will be too close to the back of the RV .. Likely the inner bicycle will rub on the rear wall of the RV.

I may buy a hitch extension or only load 1 bicycle on the rack. Other bike in the bed of the truck ?

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I spent the day at Tulsa Raceway yesterday hanging out with an old friend and watching him run his Pro Mod Barracuda. A fund day for an old guy.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH