Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by jusjunk, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I didn't want this thread to die. We've kept in touch with each other pretty well through the years with this. Today I removed the 3550 from the 32 and replaced the tailshaft bushing. I'm taking a break and ready to put it all back together. The wind was blowing about 40 mph so it's not a bad day to be in the shop. The bushing went out and in without any trouble. I had the new one in the freezer for a while and the heat gun on the housing. It's really tight around the crossmember so it's not much fun to work on. I looked real close to see if there was anything else that needed attention while it was out. It all looks pretty good. This was a used trans that I bought when I built the truck. I'm hoping that this will be the last time the trans comes out for any reason. I've put 6,000 miles on it since I finished it. I hope that in about 50,000 more, I can say that it's still all good. I'm ready to drive without that stupid leak.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

I've got the new motor in the cpe and driving it. Been working on wiring the dually for trailer hauling and cleaning up some of the wiring someone had done
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

alchevy

Well the temp job that I had at the same place my wife works at only lasted a month, but it was more than unemployment, so that was good. My wife will be going on staff there May 1st so she has a future there. There is something out there for me, so I will keep looking.

Missed the Bunny Run this year. Even though I had pre-entered, have to try again next year.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

Denise came down and picked up her Olds deck lid that will be her awning. It arrived here on a HAMB relay last month.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

fixed  some landscape lights this afternoon

installed different  rear gear ratio into the Falcon  this past week
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

39deluxe

I get to figure out why the dish washer flooded the kitchen.  :evil:

UGLY OLDS

Still trying to organize the garage ... :?   It's gettin pretty busy in there ........:shock:

If I had a another place to park there would be lots of room..... :roll:  :roll:

Visited a garage sale & picked up some small carbide burrs...Cleco's & misc calipers & stuff...Old timer type guy sells stuff for 10 cents ....50 cents...."Clean" tools for a dollar or less...He "collects" stuff all year for his yearly garage sale ....He needs the companionship MUCH for than I need the tools ...Fun guy to talk to..... :)

Bob............ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I put 110 miles on the 32 today. The trans leak is fixed. At least for now.  :lol:
I serviced the snow blower and put it up for the summer. I'm done with winter.
TEAM SMART