cruise control by "Cruise Control"

Started by 416Ford, April 27, 2023, 08:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Looking for a manual to trouble shoot my cruise. Green ON light comes on but the ON/Increase light will not go on.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

416Ford

I did check all my fuses and the ON button will beep if I hit it three times with the key on.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Bruce Dorsi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

416Ford

No. It's an add on unit for a non computer car. Simalar to the Rostra.

34ford

I assume you've checked Rostra.com. I have the WorldCruise2 which is sold by Rostra. If you go to Google and type in 250-1233form4565.pdf it will show the install manual and there is trouble shooting guide in the back starting on page 20. Hope this helps.

lofat46

Dave, did you recently put LED taillights on the car? When I did, cruise stopped working.

WZ JUNK

Make sure the brake light circuit is working.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

416Ford

Dave, did you recently put LED taillights on the car? When I did, cruise stopped working.

BINGO.
I bet that is it. I did install LED rear bulbs last fall. I have always had them in the front. I will check that tonight.

Thanks Tony.

Crosley.In.AZ

Its interesting the minor problems that LED bulbs can cause on vehicles... On Ford trucks some years back. People swap out the standard bulbs or tail lights for LED stuff.

At the time Ford used some system that checked for resistance and power feed thru the tail light circuit for brake light application instead of a simple feed wire to the PCM from the brake pedal ..  The LED bulbs caused a change in the feedback the PCM looked for and then cancelled the torque converter lockup feature because the PCM thought the brake lights were "on" hence that meant the brakes were applied (not).

Of course , now the LED tail lights are common  and so is the theft of the LED tail lights , along with the  tail gates are still stolen often.

8)  8)  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Ohio Blue Tip

I have all led lights and my cruise would not work.  After talking to Dakota and Rostra the LED's won't produce enough ground at the brake light switch.
The fix is to install a relay from brake switch to the cruise control for ground.
Ken
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

lofat46

Dave,  Sometimes it's just the little things  8)

416Ford

It was the bulb but I already had an LED flasher relay installed for the front LEDs. New non LED bulbs and I have cruise again.

Ohio Blue Tip

Yes you need the LED flasher, but to get proper ground to the cruise, you need a relay from brake switch to cruise.
Hot side of brake switch to relay and ground to cruise ground, to give the cruise a good ground.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken