2024 : Tool Reviews:

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 02, 2023, 03:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought this 10 inch miter saw a while back.  I have so much interior trim pieces to cut and fit , it was worth the money.  I have never owned or used a power miter saw.  Always used the budget plastic miter box and saw  tool. This is way better.  ;D

Bought a 60 tooth "fine cut" blade for it. The trim I am using is the PVC type molding.

If ya can not tell: its from Home Depot .  Ryobi brand
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

34ford

Bought a Bauer 18ga cordless nail gun. Bought an adapter to work with my Dewalt 20v batteries. Had good reviews from what I could find. Paid 69.99 for the tool and 20 for the adapter off the internet. It's on sale for $99, if you sign up for the email or a fast track customer you get $30 off.

Crosley.In.AZ

I grabbed the Slime brand air pressure gauge out of the car. No worky. Took it apart.  Uses the common LR44 battery.  Of course I only had 1 battery here.  That was in my digital vern calipers.

Order new batterys from Amazon.  New batterys installed in the gauge.  Still no worky. Reverse the batterys. No good. Check for corrosion. look for reset button or something?  tested batterys.

So: now I have extra LR44 batterys and another pressure gauge on order.  I keep a gauge in each vehicle.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Another item that started use in the RV... 2 yrs ago when we bought the RV for extended use..  The cabinets were some what dark inside. I thought about install of wired lights, LED strips.

While at the Home Depot my wife spotted these motion sensor LED puck lites. Battery powered.  They work dang well.  We now have them in a few cabinets in the Park Model RV winter base home.  THese help tired olde eyes see better

Tony

tomslik

i need some in the bathroom at nigh, maybe my feet would stay dry ;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: tomslik on February 23, 2023, 04:43:03 PMi need some in the bathroom at nigh, maybe my feet would stay dry ;)

I turn the bathroom light on.  :shock:

:arrow:  :idea:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought some magnetic balls from Harbor Freight.  :o  I am gonna see if this helps me line up the 5th wheel hitch a bit easier. When I back the truck under the 5th whl... I am always to the drivers side about 3 inches.  I have tried to adjust my line of sight, adjust my thought process....  since I know I will be off center to the drivers side always.

I will stick one ball on the trailer hitch box, pointed forward towards the truck hitch.  See if that helps my aim a bit.  The length of the F-350 , making  quik angle adjustments are not easy.

WHen I miss the alignment, I get very p'od at myself.  I have backed up and hooked with 5th wheels so many times over the yrs. I guess when my eyesight was good with no glasses helped?
Tony

enjenjo

Back up Camera. Just saying. :)
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: enjenjo on February 26, 2023, 12:34:06 AMBack up Camera. Just saying. :)

That did not work out either..  Suction cup on the rear window for the camera  since I could not find a magnet that worked on aluminum
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Had a Fed X delivery the other day from Harbor Freight. Its easier to have stuff delivered than deal with traffic on Bell Road out here  and the crowd at the HF store since I am not a people person. Altho: at opening time the HF store is not too crowded

One item is the Miter saw table.  Nice unit. 60 dollars less than a few others I looked at. Sturdy.  Of course it was discounted , on sale.  Bought a few more items on President day sale too
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

When you cant find tools?  You buy more. Right?  Have you seen Harbor Freight offers a line up of 10mm sockets ? Its a 10 piece set of 1/4 , 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive 10mm sockets, wobbly, deep , shallow. Purty neat , yet funny idea. 

Could not find my 1/2 inch adapters and extensions.  So : Harbor Freight to the rescue. Not too expensive stuff since I dont need them often.

The 1/2 inch extensions are the budget Pittsburg line from HF... The adapters are the Icon label which is suppose to be the higher tier of HF tools now?  These were on sale , discounted 6 bucks, so I bought them. Not sure I need 3/4 inch drive to 1/2 inch but I have another one.  I do own some large 3/4 drive sockets, ratchet, etc..
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

With the install of new windows in our park model RV , the old windows were installed with  the butyl type sealant and that stuff is 35+ years old. It either falls off or I must scrape it off.

I bought this set of plastic scrapers from Harbor Freight after an RV tech guy I follow on You Tube used them.  These worked great on removing the butyl goo from the metal siding of the Park Model.

I follow up with mineral spirits on the butyl goo.. then some rubbing alcohol to get the surface clean
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought this drill-driver bit off Amazon. Found it on You Tube, a HVAC guy has a channel I follow a little bit.  He used this bit and I have looked around for one like it for a while.

Swappable 1/4 & 5/16 socket.  You pull it off the drive , flip it around. All the screws on this tin can RV has these 2 sizes of screw heads.  The bit has a magnet on it too.  win win
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I bought a toilet RV wand to use on my RV black tank. You stick this down the toilet to the tank and turn the water on to help flush the debris out.  My black tank has a flushing system built in.  This is suppose to help warsh out more?

This wand is very flexable hose with nozzle on the end.
Tony

enjenjo

Harbor Freight sales must be down. They have been running a lot of TV ads here for the last week.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.