1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Carnut"HEH! Waaait A Minute! I thought I won the messiest work bench contest?

You were winning George....Until Frank went to stacking on "vertical  surface's"  .....   :shock:   Rumor has it that it's a sight to behold...... :roll:

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

You have shamed me, I'll do some cleanup.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"You have shamed me, I'll do some cleanup.

impossible, you have no shame!!
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

See what you started Glen  :?:

Now Frank feels bad.... :oops:

Only one of two things will save you now.....

A...Show us where you REALLY work.... :?

B...Show us a photo of a "Messy"  bench..   :roll:  

You know ....Something with a folded rag..a few metal chips around the vice..maybe some dust ...possibly a wrench or two out of order .... :lol:  :lol:     :b-d:

Bob.......... :wink:

Glen

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
B...Show us a photo of a "Messy"  bench..   :roll:  

Bad news, I have company coming over today so I cleaned the shop last night and after I took some pictures before the body is put back on.  After the body is back on I need to add some bars in the trunk are and start working on the body mounts.

Ok.....Here is one, check out the messy bench in the background  :oops:
and some pretty good progress this week. Drivers door bars, floor and fc cage are tacked in.

Flipper

You guys do beautiful fabrication work!  I'm looking forward to watching the build progress.  ...but I have to admit, it does seem crazy to me to buy a hot rod and then toss everything but the outer sheetmetal.

Glen

Quote from: "Flipper"but I have to admit, it does seem crazy to me to buy a hot rod and then toss everything but the outer sheetmetal.

I paid very little for the car.  The brakes, struts, rack, gauges, and the body was worth what I paid for the car.

As promised we did sit the body back on today

enjenjo

<ooking good Glen, we'll let you build the cage for the RRT racer.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

taxpyer

Glenn, all I can say is WOW :wink:  Very nice work. Bending all that tubing takes alot of talent forget about great structual knowledge. :)
As far as your shop goes, my wife saw your pics and said, "now that's the kind of house I'd like". :oops:  Very nice project and workmanship. 8)
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"<ooking good Glen, we'll let you build the cage for the RRT racer.
That's just what the Crosley needs, a "Funny Car (Ha!Ha!)" cage. One more "Build Day" and 10' more of 2" x 4" rectangular tubing and we'd have a ladder frame for him to build it on. I wonder if he has another one of those engine/flywheel plates laying around? We could take that clutter out of his shop. GPster

UGLY OLDS

QuoteOk.....Here is one, check out the messy bench in the background  :oops:

Beautiful work Glen.... 8)     And trust me ...That is NOT a messy bench..  :?  That is an Organized....Neat ..Orderly & efficient looking workspace.... :)  Why...One can actually see the benchtop.. :shock:

Bob..... :wink:

Glen

Here is some progress for your weekend viewing pleasure  :)

Bruce Dorsi

Impressive! .......as usual!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

kb426

TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I was over at Glen's place the  other  evening  when Glen and Don were cypherin and cutting on the engine mount plates..

You need to see the car  going together  in person if you like this stuff like I do.

there must be a mile of TIG welding needed to finish weld the tubes together and none of the welding is easy flat stuff.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)