New section of the forums

Started by Fat Cat, January 30, 2006, 10:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

After much thought and discussion. We have added a section to the forums. It is a for sale section. You can post any auto related items that you want or have for sale in that section. the rules are located in the forum. You can access it at http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=14

More details and be found here http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4047

If you have any questions feel free to PM or email Enjenjo.

GPster

I'm very thick but here are some questions. Could you move this "Sticky" to the top of the page? I fear that people will see that the donations "Sticky" is still first (and I don't refute its' importance) but they might miss this. Will this eventually work through the "Want Ads" at the top of the page? Will it only be able to be accessed by registered members of RRT or will people lurking be able to use it? I wouldn't mind putting my Email address with anything that is limited to members access and maybe my phone number too so that RRT is not responcible for anything past the listing. My mind is not shut to anything but I will have to wait for my wife to come home and explain the "real world" to me. GPster

enjenjo

It works through the want ad link now. You have to be registered to post, but anyone can read it, so a BOT can get a password from it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"It works through the want ad link now. You have to be registered to post, but anyone can read it, so a BOT can get a password from it.
Great, now I can remove a coulpe of sites from my favorites and look here everyday. I shouldn't buy anything but I like to see what people want. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

GREAT idea!  I've got some things to sell.  I'll gather my thoughts and some photos and head over there.  

Thanks guys!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

parklane

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"GREAT idea!  I've got some things to sell.  I'll gather my thoughts and some photos and head over there.  

Thanks guys!

You trying to sell your thoughts now?? Have they been used before?

John :D
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "parklane"

:D

Good one John!
All my thoughts are used BUT that doesn't mean they're used up! :lol:
How much do you think I could get for a good thought??
How much for a bad thought???
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

parklane

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "parklane"

:D

Good one John!
All my thoughts are used BUT that doesn't mean they're used up! :lol:
How much do you think I could get for a good thought??
How much for a bad thought???

Well Denise.............. a good thought should be worth at least a buck, four sixty, while a bad one is about a buck, three twenty six, on a good day :shock:  :shock:

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

GPster

Is it possible to get two more categories in the want ads? Like a Wanted section and a Needed section. I understand (and see clearly) some of the reservations you had for taking so long for bringing this section to light but when I tried to make a request for something I need, I ended up with desertation soooo long that even I didn't understand it any more (imagine that). I tried to stop my using up so much space on the forum because now we have that new section to use but it's smarter than I am. GPster

enjenjo

QuoteIs it possible to get two more categories in the want ads?

It was considered, but we decided not to for now. If you recall, we had is set up like that in the past, and it wasn't used much, mostly, I think, because it was hard to navigate. And it took up a bunch of server space.

So for now, if you are looking for something, just put "wanted" in the title.

If this takes off, and the need becomes evident, we will add more sections.

I'm going to try and make a little room in the shop so I'll be listing some items for sale.I think it only fair that if a member sells something as a result of the space provided by the RRT that we make a donation to the Franks to help with the costs of running the site.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

MikeC

Fat Cat, et al;
I would like to make a suggestion that might draw some criticism...
I think it would be a cool approach that if members list a part and then find a buyer, they send a completely voluntary commission of like 10% to the site to help defray costs.  This would only be voluntary, but over time it might help and for most the additional 10% would be nothing compared to letting those parts sit in the shed for another 10 years.
Would appreciate comments.
MikeC

enjenjo

As it stands now, with the amount of traffic we have, the funds are sufficient. If things grow, that may change, but there are alternatives too. My feeling at the present time, I would rather see the ads posted just to build traffic.