Happy New Year! Looking forward to 2018!

Started by 40, December 31, 2017, 02:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As we close the door on 2017, Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! My 2017 started out fine but didn't finish so well.In November ,I had a mild stroke.....everything turned out fine with no permanent damage.During the testing done to determine the cause,it was discovered that I had several blocked arteries.I was wisked off to surgery at which time they tried unsuccessfully to balloon and stint the problem areas.I was told that I needed immediate open heart bypass surgery and that they also detected a problem with a valve in my heart.A day later I was in Sioux Falls So. Dakota having surgery. 6 bypasses and a valve adjustment later, I am on the road to recovery.It is amazing what those surgeons can do.....he says things turned out well and that with a change in diet and losing a few pounds, I should have a few good years left! 2018 has got to be better!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Happy new year 40, and that goes for the rest of you too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Happy New Year to everyone, and hope next year is better for everybody. I always hate to see a year end, but find that the new year gives you a fresh start.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

kb426

Happy New Year everybody! May the new year bring renewed enthusiasm to your activities! :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Matt

slocrow

We're all getting a little long in the tooth so here's wishing all a Healthy New Year!
Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

purplepickup

Happy New Year...already... Wasn't the 4th of July just last week? Time is going by way too fast!

Just came in from raiding the woodpile (it's 0 degrees  & falling) and noticed the full moon in the crystal clear night sky. A chorus of coyotes was singing out of tune. It's gotta mean something.
George

moose

Here is to a great 2018 May we all finish some project no mater how small. They are all progress!

Crosley.In.AZ

Happy New Year.

Will start out an interesting year for work. Company fired a fellow on december 28. Not in my dept, this person was a hinderance for yrs

Rumor is: another person will be replaced in january. Not me,  that I know of.  8)

Fireworks started here about 7:45pm...  Fireworks are legal in my city , couple times a year. I'd like the city to change back to no fireworks allowed.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Cword

Happy New Year!
Here's hoping you all have a warm, happy and healthy 2018.

We're off to a good start here, where it's 30 degrees warmer today than it was 2 days ago.

Mike
--

UGLY OLDS

Happy New Years to all....  May 2018 be better than 2017 for all ... 8)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Arnold

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Happy New Year to everyone, and hope next year is better for everybody. I always hate to see a year end, but find that the new year gives you a fresh start.

"Fresh Start"..righty right :lol: Like I did not change the starter relay..(2 second job..about $10 that makes one of my trucks not start below -15C that has been like that for years now)(( Starts fine when boosted)) ((( the relay is ACTUALLY in the glove box)))and my booster pack which has been inconsistent for about a year now too :roll:..(looks like that needs to be replaced as in now :lol: ) and the new battery I put in it about 1 1/2 years ago is taking a winter holiday..for good :evil:
 No worries though :lol: between the almost dead 1 1/2 year old battery in that truck, the  inconsistent booster pack,bypassing the relay, another battery left basically frozen in the barn for a year in tandem to help boost too (that one lasted about 1 1/2 years too((ouch..almost $200 for that one :evil:))  pushing -30C, howling winds,our about 6" of snow per day for about 2 weeks now,under the hood pretty much packed with snow,it just fired right up 8)
  Today is nice! No exposed skin..no googles?= no go outside :lol: Bundled up in my big insulated suit and went for a walk.
  My better half..one of her friends has boarded their big,beautiful black German Shepherd here and he was just HAPPILY laying around outside in the snow. Not cold at all..didn't want to go in the house..

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :D