fuel starvation

Started by WZ JUNK, July 29, 2023, 09:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I had a problem with my gas tank and the in tank fuel pump losing suction.  I think I have solved the problem by adding some baffles to the tank and a different fuel filter on the pump.  I had ordered a part from Holley called a hydramat that is supposed to absorb fuel and create a reservoir for fuel.  When I removed my pump from the tank I found another problem.  My fuel sock had fell off of the pump. Then I realized that Holley had sent me the wrong hydramat for my pump.  When I compared my fuel filter and the hydramat they appear to be made of the same material but a different size. The Holley part is on the left and my original part is on the left.  The new one from Carter is larger than the one in the photo but smaller than the Holley.  I went to my local auto parts store and found a larger one made by Carter and used it.  I will return the Holley part and use the Carter. The Holley part was  $180.00. The Carter part was $7. Time will tell if my cheap experiment works.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

I was unable to edit the above post.  It was suppose to say that the original filter is on the left and the Holley is on the right.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

I figured that was what you meant by reading it a second time.  It's like when I rebuilt the carbs on one of my Corvair's and one wouldn't squirt with the accelerator pump. The supplier sent me a new one, which had the check ball inside that the first one didn't.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil