Tires balance beads

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, November 30, 2019, 10:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I have never used the balance beads inside of tires.  I know people that have used the beads, been happy with results.

I have heard various things like the beads cause leaks in the valve stem ..

Decided to try the beads on my trailer tires.  Recommended amount was 3 oz for the tire size.

Bought some beads on eBay..
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I've used them on my bike. No negatives, yet. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I've used them on my bike. No negatives, yet. :)

Kool...    I bought the "small" beads.  Suppose to be able to passs thru the valve stem with the core removed.  No Go! ..  I busted the beads of the tires, poured the beads in.  Re-aired up the tires.
Tony

enjenjo

I have used them in the past with no down side. Most of the time they are not needed, but in some cases they can make a difference. I had a 34 Ford that would go into a mild wobble about 45 to 55 Mph, and the beads cured it.  In that case I used 7mm plastic pellets for a pellet gun.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I have them in my 1954 Chevy.  I used a small funnel on the valve stem and then vibrated the stem with an air tool to get the beads in the tire without breaking the bead of the tire to the rim.  I think they work better on larger diameter wheels.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I have them in my 1954 Chevy.  I used a small funnel on the valve stem and then vibrated the stem with an air tool to get the beads in the tire without breaking the bead of the tire to the rim.  I think they work better on larger diameter wheels.

John:  I dont know if it was static or what... plenty of room in the valve stem for these beads to flow thru. I was using a small funnel with clear tube and  the dang beads would pour in slowly , then gather up , clog up the stem. I was tapping the valve stem , nothing was helping..   I gave up.

Took the wheels off, broke the tire bead down on my HF tire rack thingy, poured in the stuff. I win. LOL
Tony

58 Yeoman

Tony, are they working for you?  I had bought a jug of airsoft beads to try it on my two antiques, but didn't. When I installed the new tires/wheels, I used a small bubble balancer that I got from my brother, and they have very little shake, so I put the beads on the shelf for now.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

bucketmouth

Used them on my T bucket over ten years ago and haven't touched it since. They work real good.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.