Trucks!

Started by Gambler, February 14, 2004, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gambler

I have to say, Stacey built a nice Bronco with all those donated aftermarket parts (lol)

It was cool to see him thrash the crap out of it, and that they showed some of the problems that happened out in the field. (I was expecting that thing to spin a 360 on the wet pavement test)

As my girl so eloquently commented: "Wow, he sure has an easy job" javascript:emoticon(':mrgreen:')

~Gambler

Oh, and the Rambler Wagon is getting closer, going to be tackling the rear end again Sunday with the MIG, I'll try and get some pics of the progress up soon @ http://www.geocities.com/ramblerwagon59

phat46

Quote from: "Gambler"I have to say, Stacey built a nice Bronco with all those donated aftermarket parts (lol)

It was cool to see him thrash the crap out of it, and that they showed some of the problems that happened out in the field. (I was expecting that thing to spin a 360 on the wet pavement test)

As my girl so eloquently commented: "Wow, he sure has an easy job"

"I liked the part where"....their custom spare tire mount broke and flew right out of the vehicle, musta been the part the they actually built on the show  :D

Gambler

Quote from: "phat46"

"I liked the part where"....their custom spare tire mount broke and flew right out of the vehicle, musta been the part the they actually built on the show  :D

yeah, haha, thats what i was thinking.

Gambler

Quote from: "Crosley"Stacy seems like an interesting & knowledable  guy with autos.  I must admit I wonder how much of the real work he does now since he is now "talent". At least the other guy is gone, what a dumb * he was

Sorta like Jesse James, he can do the work but now with a star over his name does he have the time to do the work?
[/b]

Well..Jesse James is cool, but he is utterly lacking in any way, charm. Stacey has that 'good ole boy down yonder' charm (apparently sans rebel flag), and he sure isnt faking it when laughing his * off, which is cool.  But I'd have a hard time believing he does ALL or even a good percentage of the work on those cars.  Thats what interns are for :D

I'd like to see a car 'reality' show where they give a 2 man team $2000 and 2 weeks to find, build up, and complete a rat-rod, with some kind of rally race showdown at the end..but of course, tv programmers havent been calling me to ask my opinion on the matter..   :wink: