Ford 11 inch drum brake parts

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 23, 2019, 09:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

A buddy is using 11 inch ford drum brakes on his project.  He was having problems finding the park lever arm that is attached to the brake shoe.  The parking  cable attaches to this lever.

He said the lever for the 10 inch brakes is reproduced.  The 11 inch brake lever is not.  He found a pair of used levers on eBay for 25 dollar$ a piece.

Any body found a reproduced 11 inch brake arm?  I do not find one.

Simply curious about this.  I have some 11 inch ford drum brakes out here on some 9 inch differentials from F-100 trucks. A few parts are gone from the inner workings on these 11 inch drum brakes

Photo shown is a 10 inch brake piece I have.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "jaybee"Currie Enterprises has them.  https://www.currieenterprises.com/CE-6004P

Thanks.  I see those are used parts.  Odd , too.  It is cheaper to buy the parts separate than the pair together.  Or my math is off.

With shipping, my buddy paid about the same price for his L & R levers.  Must be the going market for them.  I still do not find new repo parking lever  parts for the 11 inch  brakes.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

It is weird that they're available cleaned up used from a major supplier of aftermarket products but not new. It's not like Currie doesn't build a whole bunch of stuff right up to complete rear end housings.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

That would be an interesting and expensive set of punch and die to produce to be able to punch them out . Otherwise they could be cnc plasma cut . You would still need some tooling made to fold and roll the cable holding 'fingers' . Currie probably has a room full of old ones from stripping diffs for years . Just put them in the tumbler and they would come out looking new .

Okiedokie

I had a full set up for a few years, backing plates to drums, including a new set of the arms along with the originals. Took them to swap meet a few times then gave them away last year.

GPster

There used to be a parking brake set-up for 9" rear ends that used a disc on the pinion/universal joint of the rear end and s small caliper to provide the parking/emergency brake function. Maybe those pieces could be found in a light truck group which might be another place that 9"rears and big brakes would have been common. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "GPster"There used to be a parking brake set-up for 9" rear ends that used a disc on the pinion/universal joint of the rear end and s small caliper to provide the parking/emergency brake function. Maybe those pieces could be found in a light truck group which might be another place that 9"rears and big brakes would have been common. GPster

There are many aftermarket suppliers for a pinion mounted disc parking brake ....Google is your friend ...I think that "Total Performance" was the original provider, back in the '80,s....It uses an Airheart caliper & master cylinder ...I still have a complete set-up for an 8" Ford rear end ...Seems that no one can provide one for an 8" anymore ... :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

I built my own pinion brake for my Anglia . It was a 9" diff . I took the stock brake caliper from an old snowmobile (happened to say airheart on it !) and made a disc to mount on the pinion . Total performance wanted hundreds of dollars for their kit . I made mine for lunch money . Look up chimp koose on photobucket if you want to see pictures of it . I am thinking of doing the same for my model T

river1

Quote from: "chimp koose"Look up chimp koose on photobucket if you want to see pictures of it .

i did a google for "chimp koose on photobucket" and this is what came up

https://www.google.com/search?q=chimp+koose+on+photobucke&oq=chimp+koose+on+photobucke&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chimp koose

Make chimp koose one word . I signed on to photobucket that way . I checked the account yesterday and I guess I didn't put those pictures on there . If they are on my home computer I may be able to post them . I figured out how once before , maybe I can do it again . I used an E brake handle I had from a Honda accord and hooked it up to the brake caliper from a snowmobile .

chimp koose

enjenjo

The lever on F100, and F150 trucks is the same as the one for a car. That may be easier to find
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.