Speedweek on the salt flats

Started by WZ JUNK, August 05, 2018, 07:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Some are going to the Bonneville Salt Flats this year, but not me.  The action starts this coming Saturday.   I will try to keep up with the event by mostly relying on the internet or making a phone call to some friends who are there.  My shop stereo is wired to my shop computer and I can listen to the live audio streaming.  There is a very well throughout site for information about the flats, the course, and the event at http://thebonnevillesaltflats.com/   This is the best overall site for information that I have seen.

Good Luck to everyone.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Some are going to the Bonneville Salt Flats this year, but not me.  The action starts this coming Saturday.   I will try to keep up with the event by mostly relying on the internet or making a phone call to some friends who are there.  My shop stereo is wired to my shop computer and I can listen to the live audio streaming.  There is a very well throughout site for information about the flats, the course, and the event at http://thebonnevillesaltflats.com/   This is the best overall site for information that I have seen.

Good Luck to everyone.

John

Ross and I will be leaving tomorrow morning. Stoping at the Speedway Museum. I've been ther a few times but it's a first for him. Always a fun stop. We're gonna be spectators primarily, but who knows what trouble we might get in, or cause for that matter.

We're planning to drop by the H.A.M.B. drags on the way back...so we will see lotsa old pals there too.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

John.....
That's an EXCELLENT site to visit ....  8)  
Thank You for posting it ..... );b(

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

Hooley will be there with Don Martin #709 Studebaker.

Charlie I am tickled you are coming to the drags.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

Ted Allen "North of 49" posted that he is headed down and trying again for 300.  Stop by and say hi.  They pitted next to Hooley one year when they were still running the roadster pickup.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

57larry

I went a few yrs ago. what a blast