'40 Chevy Coupe

Started by Eliot Ness, September 12, 2007, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliot Ness

Fairly new member here, but I have lurked in the background for a while. This is my '40 Chevy Coupe that I've had for almost 11 years now. It has a 355 with a TH400. Interior is gray with a Wabbit dash. The car is a great driver, and while I consider it finished, there is always an update here or there that I'm doing on it. Newest addition will be the new Cooling Components 17" fan/shroud that I pre-ordered from Walker at the Nats. That requires a larger fan relay due to start current, so I'm finishing up on my new relay panel and getting ready to run some heavier gauge wire (10AWG) for the fan.
John

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

welcome aboard the RRT board..

nice car!

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Nice car. You going to the Zoo? Welcome to the RRT.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Eliot Ness

Thanks guys.  No, I'm not going to the Zoo, but will head up for the Ducktail and James Dean Runs near Muncie, IN the end of the month.
John

alchevy

Hey John! 'bout time you showed up here. Welcome aboard the RRT. You are going to like it here. How was the Ducktail and James Dean Runs?
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Eliot Ness

Quote from: "40chevy"Hey John! 'bout time you showed up here. Welcome aboard the RRT. You are going to like it here. How was the Ducktail and James Dean Runs?
AL
Thanks Al.  The weather for the Runs was pretty much perfect.  A light jacket in the morning before it warmed up to the 70's and no rain in sight.  I never made it down to James Dean, but the great weather brought out a very large crowd to the Ducktail, lots of interesting cars, but in my rush to leave I left my camera on the workbench.  We'll have to get you up there one of these years so we'll get some good photos!
John

graffiti knights

Jesse Bolan

the yeti

I'm only new to these old girls, but man yours is a sweet example

teal32

Some day, we'll have to park beside each other. That would be quite a show.
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid