the Game changer in engines.. Variable compression ratio

Started by wayne petty, March 11, 2018, 09:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

just saw this last night.. this is a game changer.. engineering labs at all the manufacturers must be going nuts ..

so simple a way to do it.  no hinged cylinder blocks.  i personally am debating if the effect of straighter rod angle is going to help power but that part of the video is still bouncing around in my head.. so much i had trouble sleeping.. yes i must be nuts.

enjoy the video..  welcome to the future..  8 to 1 variable to 14 to 1 motors.  imagine at 14 to 1.. E85 may be as economical as straight gasoline or E10/E15 that we are now all saddled with now.. thank you ADM.  or should i say.. how sweet it is. but that is going way off thread.

UGLY OLDS

I wonder what happens when you don't change the oil  :?:  :shock:  :roll:  There's a lot going on in there ...I remember when cam synchronizers were new ... :idea:  
And then people didn't change the oil ..... :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

That thing is a freakshow n the crankcase.  :shock:  Everything seems totally realistic in a don't bother if you gotta ask environment. I was impressed. Then in between a couple commas, they blew it.

"uses premium octane fuel"

Do what  :?:
Matt

jaybee

Tell you what, every time they predict the end of the internal combustion engine someone comes up with a new wrinkle to add life to the thing.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)