Another 'Whuts it?'

Started by purplepickup, March 25, 2017, 06:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

This was posted on a motorcycle forum but no one can figure out what it is, and the original poster doesn't know either. It was in a box he got at an auction. I thought with all the genius here, someone might know. Any ideas? The keys are just to show the size.
George

idrivejunk

So nobody will know if I take a wild guess?  :D

Excess mop water scraper-offer? Ice chunk size sorter? Man thats a crazy looking item.
Matt

purplepickup

I was thinking it was part of a game or something that directed marbles in different directions for some reason. I looked up pinball machine and it doesn't appear to have anything to do with them.
George

phat46

If t has a patent number you might be able to look it up.

ragdol

Treadle for an old sewing machine?

jaybee

Kind of reminds me of the footrests on the chairs of a very old barber who was in my home town when I was a kid...although that's far too small.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

It turns out it's an antique communion wine cup filler. It was used to fill 22 communion cups with wine in one pour.

Seems like it would be a little clumsy to use and hit all 22 cups with the right amount of wine.
George

Ohio Blue Tip

I'll be stopping bye for some of that wine!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

purplepickup

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"I'll be stopping bye for some of that wine!
Actually I've intended to stop by your place this winter and haven't. I need a break from remodeling the kitchen...give ya a call.
George

UGLY OLDS

George .....22 cups with only 18 "spouts"  :?:    "Dribble effect"  :?:
I'm WAY more confused than normal & it's even AFTER morning med time ... :shock:  :?  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Leave it to you Bob.... :lol:  I'll use the excuse that I've had a bad case of cabin fever lately and I can't count that high anyway....only got 8 fingers. I had to trust what this page said http://www.fwhistorycenter.com/vex17/99B68A77-C827-489E-9E6D-844115057530.htm.

I still think the guy that invented that :idea: was a little goofy. :roll:
George

enjenjo

Quote from: "purplepickup"Leave it to you Bob.... :lol:  I'll use the excuse that I've had a bad case of cabin fever lately and I can't count that high anyway....only got 8 fingers. I had to trust what this page said http://www.fwhistorycenter.com/vex17/99B68A77-C827-489E-9E6D-844115057530.htm.

It must not have been popular or they would still be using it. We used a common cup in church. Sip, turn, sip turn, while wiping the lip with a cloth. When we were all done, the priest would drink what was left in the cup.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "purplepickup"Leave it to you Bob.... :lol:  I'll use the excuse that I've had a bad case of cabin fever lately and I can't count that high anyway....only got 8 fingers. I had to trust what this page said http://www.fwhistorycenter.com/vex17/99B68A77-C827-489E-9E6D-844115057530.htm.

QuoteIt must not have been popular or they would still be using it. We used a common cup in church. Sip, turn, sip turn, while wiping the lip with a cloth. When we were all done, the priest would drink what was left in the cup.

That seems to work well for us too...  One big cup per line of people....When everyone is done , the priest empties all the cups ...

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****