Well it isn't my lakester that some of you have been .....

Started by 1FATGMC, July 16, 2008, 11:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

.......... asking about, but I did finally get the build of the new motor for my truck up on my site at.........

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/turbo%20motor/TM-indexpage.html

......... if anyone is interested.

What this does mean is that now I'll be getting around to posting the progress I've made on the lakester over the months since the last up-date in March.  I've had people wondering if I was still doing anything.

As I get those pages up I'll mention them here.

c ya,

Sum

wayne petty

i was just wondering... how much time did it take to get all the salt out of everything after that swim at at the salt flats ?????

i was just curious... about the mls head gaskets.... installed dry...????

the mls rubber coated ones used on mitsubishi turbo motors call for hylomar to be used for a 100% seal....

has anybody else used hylomar on head gaskets besides me.?????

just one more thing....  is that q jet equipped with the lean stop screw that is accessed through the top just in front of the air horn...   remember a long time ago the rodder who was having trouble setting his valves and then took his q jet apart...  he popped out the plug and made a tool to fine tune the lean stop ..      might get you better mpg and power...

again  just a thought... i see that you have it all under control....

wayne.....

GPster

Are you going to build a "Gasser" to use your old motor in? It seems to be the current trend. I think you've got an old Chrysler (not as old as me) Product in the wings around there somewhere. As long as the nose was on some of those old Chryslers you could probably get 25% engine set-back and still not hit the firewall. You've got too much free time. You'll have to change the name to Purple Sage Performance> GPster

bucketmouth

So Sum are you still planning on bringing the lakester even if it's just for an inspection?
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "bucketmouth"So Sum are you still planning on bringing the lakester even if it's just for an inspection?

Most likely not.  It would mean taking a second vehicle and with the price of gas that would be another $400 or so.  I'll just get it teched when it is finally ready to run.

Any chance you guys are coming by here?

===================================

Wayne the salt is still not out of everything yet.  I usually don't complain much about it, but last year was the pits and I hope I don't have to go through that again.  I've seen the deal with the q-jet you are talking about.  Right now with my air/fuel meter I'm running about 15-16 to 1 at cruise, 14.5  in the throttle a little and around 12.5-13.0 in the throttle a lot, so it seems to be about right.

=====================================

Joe the problem is I don't have enough free time to get all the things done that I want to.  The Desoto will be a cruiser if I find some more of that free time.

c ya,

Sum

bucketmouth

Quote from: 1FATGMC
Quote from: "bucketmouth"So Sum are you still planning on bringing the lakester even if it's just for an inspection?

Most likely not.  It would mean taking a second vehicle and with the price of gas that would be another $400 or so.  I'll just get it teched when it is finally ready to run.

Any chance you guys are coming by here?

===================================
Unfortunately not, we're on a tight schedule. We'll fly into Salt Lake City and drive straight to Wendover. We managed to stretch the trip to give us three days there. I'll have to catch up with you guys there and hopefully put some names to  faces.
Would have been good to see your lakester but then again that's a good enough reson to come back again. 8)  
10 more sleeps

Brootal

bucketmouth is nothing but trouble. I would run the other way if I saw him coming.  :lol:
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Brootal"bucketmouth is nothing but trouble. I would run the other way if I saw him coming.  :lol:

Hey you might need to do some running yourself I hope to be over there and on "your" salt next spring.  Are you guys still back over on the west coast??  I don't know if I can make it that far.  You going to the lake yourself in March?

Tell Sue Hi,

Sum

bucketmouth

thanks for your support brootal,I'll show you the photos when I get back :) i hope wzjunk is right and I manage to find accomadation when I get there :roll:
three more sleeps and this time next week I'll be well and truely in the the midst of things at the Nats.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz are we there yet