Camaro Brake Drums

Started by 1950Shoebox, July 07, 2004, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1950Shoebox

I have a 50 Ford with a 1971 Nova sub-frame that has drum brakes. I have a 1980 Z-28 rear for the car, but it is missing the brake drums. Finned drums available for the Nova sub. Does anyone know if finned brake drums are available for the Z-28, or if another model Chevy or G.M. had finned drums that will interchange with it. NAPA does not list a finned drum for the Z-28 rear. Thanks for any input anyone may have.
Mark

tomslik

Quote from: "1950Shoebox"I have a 50 Ford with a 1971 Nova sub-frame that has drum brakes. I have a 1980 Z-28 rear for the car, but it is missing the brake drums. Finned drums available for the Nova sub. Does anyone know if finned brake drums are available for the Z-28, or if another model Chevy or G.M. had finned drums that will interchange with it. NAPA does not list a finned drum for the Z-28 rear. Thanks for any input anyone may have.
Mark

just * near ALL 9 1/2" gm drums were finned.
might want to look under a 78-87 malibu/cutlass/etc for aluminum drums if you're inclined.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

model a vette

There were aluminum rear drums used on some of the early 80's Camaros. Usually the lower model ones that (obviously) did not have rear disks.
Ed

enjenjo

S10 drums will fit, they sometimes need a touch with a file on the center hole. They are finned. Nova drums will fit too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

1950Shoebox

Hey guys. Thanks for the info.