Handicapped?

Started by purplepickup, September 05, 2015, 04:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

George

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: purplepickupGot a need for speed?

Strange ..... :?

I wonder what the lug wrench is used for  :?:  :shock:  :idea:  :roll:

Bob ...  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Maybe tiller steering for that front caster..dunno.

The video looked a little scary but then I saw some of the other videos of motorized wheel chairs with a lot bigger engines. :shock:
George

phat46

Quote from: UGLY OLDS
Quote from: "purplepickup"Got a need for speed?

Strange ..... :?

Personal protection....

kb426

I like the creativity!
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

That's creative..

when i was growing up here in hollywood.  there was a WWII vet with a custom wheel chair..

his right hand cranked half a bicycle crank with a chain to the axle to provide forward and reverse power.. and a tiller for his left hand for the front wheels..  there was also a bicycle hand brake lever on  the tiller lever..  so he could slow it down..

i had a friend years ago.. lost touch with him.. but i wanted to build him a beach cruiser wheel chair..  it would have had a pair of oars that would pull chains around sprockets on the drive axle..  but with a derailer.. so the operator could change the drive ratio..  

i never worked out the steering.. i was thinking of dual hand brakes.. or a motorcycle throttle twist grip on one of the oars to control the spring centered front wheels at speed..   the oars would be hinged and retract into the lower sections.. so it could become a conventional wheel chair again..

perhaps some creative rodder here might take this idea and roll with it.   even if its just a half a bike sprocket and a tiller..