critters

Started by idrivejunk, April 29, 2023, 10:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Matt

58 Yeoman

Looks good. I put the windshield back into the 67 Vair coupe today.  First time using the sticky 3M rope. Came out okay.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

So is that the box with a roll of butyl and setting blocks or is the Corvair a rubber seal that installs with a rope? Not up on my Corvair tech. Hows the carbs? Can't recall if you have one driving.

Critter encounters have become less frequent of late. But theres a mess of fat does scampering about. Getting in shape for the rut, no doubt.

Heres another for the resident critter fans. Man is it cherry. As is more often the case now, a female customer has come in for modern feature updates on a freshened favorite. That means PS PB OD EFI AC etc.
Matt

jaybee

Both of those cars are nice, Matt, I like them both.

The 2005-2014 Mustangs were mentioned up the thread. I like those as well. I've driven them and I like how they drive. I like that style, and they're smaller than the later cars. For me, those jump the shark from midsize to large cars. I know they're extremely capable, but they're also as heavy as my Galaxie 500 was.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

The mad elcamino is going to be way cool. Once again, I can hear "I had one just like it". :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

It's well enough done, I can imagine someone imagining there was a production version.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

58 Yeoman

Matt, it's the sticky rope and settling blocks.  I still have to do the rear window also.  All my previous windows were the rubber/rope style. I rebuilt the carbs on both Vairs, but the ones on this car seem to operate better. Both cars run, but only the 4 door is able to drive on the road.

Speaking of critters, we would hear what sounded like a herd of rats scampering above the dropped ceiling in the basement tv room. I'd set a couple mouse traps up there and catch a mouse every now and then.  It sounded particularly loud the other day, so I set a couple rat traps up there, and also put the game camera up there. A day later, I caught a mouse in the rat trap, and looked at the pix on the camera. ONE MOUSE! I reset the trap and camera, and haven't heard anything lately.  How can one mouse sound so big?

Another win came last night. We have a flagstone "island" in the front yard where the bird feeder stands are.  A mole has been having a field day going under the flagstone and pushed out all the polymeric sand that I'd put in there.  I've used the 'step-on' mole traps to trap moles in the yard with great success, but this one is smart. It would avoid the three traps that I set, the road flares in the hole didn't phase it, the mole killing worms were like a snack for it, and the noise making thingie in the ground amused it, as did the radio above groud blasting music under a metal bushel basket.

So, I've found a new method for the smart ones. Poke a hole in the mound, insert mole killing worm, then put the trap right there. If it eats the worm, it sets off the trap.  It worked, and I got the little, actually big, varmint.  I reset the trap anyway, as sometimes there's another.

Phil

idrivejunk

Thanks for the comments guys. He could let Maaco shoot it and it would look ok. There may be others with 55 truck roofs but his has a 1" rake. I can claim responsibility for the perimeter of the bed but one peek inside bed reveals that its a severe hack. He wants his son to have it since it was his Dad's.

I like the look of the 05 gen Mustangs but never rode in... well anything except GPs for the last decade. And no one has ridden in the GPs or wants to. The size of the fwd ones is about right to protect me well enough. But those Mustangs still haven't fallen into my price range and GPs have no value for trade. Plus they are drive by wire which I never want to have.

The pale green Bronc does appear to have had a bc/cc paint job so might be banged up but as far as rust, at this point it seems exceptional.

Late last century there were coons knocking stuff over in garage below me at night because the cats' food was in there on top of washing machine. One night I was awakened and caught the family of 3 or 4 red handed. All but one promptly split but one decided to make a stand. I looked at the M-14. No, too much. Looked at the .45. Nope, too loud at 3-4 AM. As I un groggied, I duct taped a 5" lock blade to a 1x2" and ran it through. Nailed it to the wall behind shelf where it hid. That thing dragged it's innards clear down the driveway and none of them ever came back.
Matt

58 Yeoman

I leave the garage door up far enough so my cat can come and go, then close it at night.  I have walked out there to close the door and find a stray cat, coon or possum eating at the cats dish.  One night, a possum ran out, or so I thought.  He'd taken up residence on a lower shelf at floor level, and I didn't find out til later.  When I did find out, he got booted outside and I cleaned up his den.  I close the door earlier now.

Phil

idrivejunk

See there? Now theres a varmint critter story.  :)

I probably told all mine twice already.  :lol:

But! They keep on coming, ain't no stoppage of critter flow. The '73 critter with safety bumpers in pics is for a full tilt hot touring build. Another critter was on my fence when I put up the refuse bins today, and yet another is....

hiding in plain sight. 8)
Matt

idrivejunk

What was Tonto's horse's name? I just gave you a hint.  :shock:
Matt

kb426

Mustang and scout need lots of loving care. Either that or a resurrection. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

that mustang needs different wheels ! Tonto had a horse named scout ?

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Speaking of paint, the painter's Cad wagon got totalled yesterday. He is OK. Thats what a guy gets for having new paint and engine. :-\ Glad it wasn't me this time.

If I had to guess, it'd be that Tonto's camo mount will serve as boss yard art for the pet does to marvel at, alongside that tank truck I showed awhile back.

Playing pin the wing on the pony right now... fitting a trunk spoiler on the 69 job. :)
Matt