Just in case you haven't seen this.

Started by kb426, March 18, 2018, 08:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Wow, KB :shock:  I knowed you build em fast but dang. :!:

You will be glad to know that nearly everything which unbolts from the cab of those all goes in one good sized radiator box. For a tidy garage. I saw in a mag where some TV guys put a little bit earlier truck on a cop car chassis. The one on your link I did the teardown on. It was barely connected to the frame. I installed a bed floor we rolled in 16 gauge and now its underwood. The crew outdid themselves and the truck does well at shows. Did you happen across this one hunting ideas? :)
Matt

UGLY OLDS

HEY   :!:  :!:  :!:      RRT guy makes it big time   :!:  :!:  8)

Congrats Matt   :!:  8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Thanks on behalf of the crew. :)  Most importantly on behalf of the truck owner as well, and the shop owner who pulls rabbits out of his hat daily. My involvement in that job was so minor I can't claim any bragging rights. March 2013's Truckin' has a 61 F100, "Unbridled Unibody" is the article, and December 2015's Classic Trucks has a '41 Ford pickup "Mighty Fine" and May 2016's Street Trucks has a '55 Chevy truck "One Fine '55" in it that we did... that I do have full braggin rights to. The blue 67 F100 was our first to make a mag cover, shared with a Chevy. Just for the record. Weather has been uncooperative at recent opportunities but other features are supposedly in the works, on vehicles I had kinda medium involvement in. Every time theres a feature, my kid self pats my back. If I went back in time and told myself what I do now, I would fully expect a Hell Yeah!
Matt

kb426

Matt, I was searching to see if anybody cut the bottom half of the cab of for rust repair. The spare I got with the 72 has a solid floor but the rear corners are gone. Until I get the 72 cab off the frame and see how big a mess it is, I don't have enough info to make any plans.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Matt, I was searching to see if anybody cut the bottom half of the cab of for rust repair. The spare I got with the 72 has a solid floor but the rear corners are gone. Until I get the 72 cab off the frame and see how big a mess it is, I don't have enough info to make any plans.

Cool 8)  I thought I had put a link up awhile back. We think articles like that are the best way to get exposure.

If you wish to look at them I have some pics from the 78 Bronco floor job but the cab corners are not same plus I stayed out of that area. I'll check the archives for floor work pics from the 67. Looks like your score is about the same color.

I just realized something... I will take some congratulations because I do believe I took the before pic. :shock:  :D  Hey! Now that IS something, to me. :)

One more thing if I may... last but not least...

Bodywork by Bryan Coker (aka Footloose Jr.)

Mechanicals by Mike Jones (aka Footloose Sr.)

Paint by Ken Barr (aka Paintar)

That felt good, those guys never get their recognition. Hope nobody minds the plug.
Matt