Today we are going to work on my top chop some more

Started by donsrods, January 29, 2006, 09:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

donsrods

donsrods

How we had to pie cut the windshield to lay it back

donsrods

New profile looks a little better than stock................

donsrods

At this point, top had been on and off about 30 times for minor adjustments to make the gaps line up. My Son, (who is the driving force behind this chop........I wouldn't have had the guts or skill) is a perfectionist. Drives me nuts, but I have to admit, he does nice work, so I just help lift while he cuts and grinds.

donsrods

This is the car I saw on line that inspired me to build the Dodge. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I love it. It is just so different from all the other stuff out there.

donsrods

For my Christmas present, my Son Dan built my subframe and got my body mounted. He felt bad because he was a little short of money this year, but he has no idea how much this meant to me. Better than any present from Sears could have been. He worked until 4 in the morning, for many mornings, so that I wouldn't know what he was doing, and I just love the way it came out.

Last Sept I was picking up a corner of the body to shim it up to do this subframe, and I felt my left arm unravel. Wen't to the Doctor, found out I tore the bicep right off of the bone, where it attaches. So I had surgery, and have not  had the use of the arm for 3 months. (It is finally getting better) but it kept me from working on my car. For him to jump in and work so hard to do this floor in my truck really meant a lot to me. BEST GIFT EVER.

donnie g

8) one sweet looking ride!