intro BARNSEY

Started by barnsey, June 24, 2005, 09:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnsey

Hi guys hope you all had a great xmas and new years
Well just before xmas i could see that my car was not going to be finished any time soon as it still needs lots of work to be done.
So i decided to buy another one so that i had somthing to cruise in until the purple one was finnished.
This one is a 1948 vauxhall and runs a 202 6 cyl holden engine GM.
it had a stromberg carby that i was having trouble keeping in tune "so i ended up putting a 350 holley on it and it seems to run ok for now"but will eventually be put on gas to help pay for the long distances i will be travelling getting to and from interstate runs"also as this is now my daily driver it see's about 500 to 800'k's a week so gas will help me to keep it on the road.Anyway here a a couple of pics
1,the first two pics is how i bought it and the second two are how it is now
cheers barnsey

barnsey

Hi guys
havent been on for a while due to work commitments and such but i hope i can now find more time to visit you all here
I am going to start work back on my purple car this weekend now that i have saved a few dollars to spend on it.Im hoping to do the electricals and fire the new engine up for the first time since rebuilding it.I pushed it out into the yard and hosed all the dust off her a few months back and took a couple of pics in the sunlight showing the paint glowing at its best

I have also lowered my daily 4 and a half inches at the front now all i have to do is get the back down lol

hear is what the back looks like now and another shot of it after playing on the edit function on my computer.This is what im planing to do with the rear tail lights and number plate
before

and after

cheers barnsey

Crosley.In.AZ

neat purple colour

8)  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

38HAULR

Bloody Barnsey! Here I am finding you on the other side of the world,just read your posts,the one with the Red Vauxhall and reference to" putting it on gas". May cause some head scratching State Side,as they run their vehicles on "gas". A few may be wondering what you are running it on now.........Frank.

barnsey

gas yeah i know i should have said LPG Gas lol
anyway iv been putting plenty of k's oops, miles on it now and as it gets driven 7 days a week its starting to get a few stone chips and gravel rash but at least it adds to the charector of it and as they say stone chips are the best trophies and im having fun getting them i'v travelled about 7000 miles since christmas and the engine is really reliable i can jump in it and just go wherever i want when ever i want and don't have to be a computer wiz to fix her if somthing goes wrong lol
cheers barnsey