Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2022, 06:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Start a new tool review thread.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

I have been using my Milwaukee circular saw on larger wood bits. 4 x 8 plywood long cuts, 4x4 pressure treated lumber.  I can see how Milwaukee suggests a 9ah battery as minimum on the tool.  I am using a 5ah battery, largest that I own.

Also have read that Milwaukee is using a new battery chemistry cell in the packs now. 21700 cells  instead of the 18650 cells..  I dont think the cell change is very recent since they released a High Output design 2 yrs ago. 
Tony

idrivejunk

Brother Tony spent 3-way ( way, way, way ) too much and gifted me this lighted electric 3/8 ratchet. I tried it out yesterday in a dark cramped space with one-way ( just way ) too many threads and found that it transformed the task from struggle to simple.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Ratchets/2557-22

Of course, comparing it to my older HF Earthquake 3/8 air ratchet is like a top fueler to a tin lizzie. That doesn't have a light, does have a hose, and would snap the Milwaukee in half or blow it into the weeds. Bought that for myself years ago and it is still fierce. But I was in a minty car's hatch area yesterday so air hose was too scratch prone and light was real helpful. :)

Matt

tomslik

speaking of Milwaukee, had to go buy a new holesaw as i just wore my other one out (1 1/2"), man, that sucker cuts!....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

idrivejunk

First post written on a with-actual-buttons keyboard in years. Finally have a charger for it. :)

Came to say a couple years back I bought the plastic bodied Central Pneumatic palm sander at HF. The head fell apart shortly and got a free repacement unit then. That one lasted until Friday. Throttle no return, runs wide open. It went pretty much the whole time without oil. Still forty seven bucks so I just bought another. They have a decent multipurpose pattern and are quite lightweight with no drawbacks to that aspect. It is labeled as a 6" self-vacuuming air palm sander.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Step stool ladder..  Light weight.  We bought one months ago for the 5th wheel RV.  My wife wanted another for the Park model but Home Depot was out of them for months.

Gorilla brand.  GLA-3-2 model number as I recall.
Tony

enjenjo

Just for a review on my HF Vulcan welder. I have been using it for over a year now and I am very pleased with it's performance. The adjustability is beyond any welder I have had in the past. It has done whatever I asked of it.

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought a soap spray attatchment for garden hose from Harbor Freght. Works good. Used to warsh my rv. Spray soap foam on. I use a long handled brush. Then the hose sprayer detaches from soap bote to rinse the vehicle
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Soap cannon from Harbor Freight.. it was 20 bucks in AZ.

Comes with spray nozzle gun for the water hose.  Has quik connect on spray nozzle to connect to soap tank.  Works purty neat actually. 

3 vehicles warshed so far.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

34ford

Well my old Porta-Cable circular saw give up its ghost after 30 years. Switch went bad and no replacements are available as sites say discontinued or obsolete. I looked some and got one that looked like it would work but one of the 4 terminals was missing the connection completely. So I decided it was time to go cordless with the saw as most of my other power tools are cordless. Bought a Dewalt 7 1/4" brushless 20V unit with quick charger and bag. Came with a 8ah battery. It works great. Has a light to see where your cutting and a brake that stops it quick.

enjenjo

I mentioned Diablo hole saws a while back, and that I liked them. i had occasion today to cut 2 3/4" holes in some 1/4" mild steel today. I had a new unused Morse hole saw of that size in my collection of hole saws, so I cut the first hole with that, using some cutting oil. It took 40 minutes to cut that hole. I switched to the Diablo and cut the other three holes in 30 minutes total for all three, and the saw teeth still look like new.

enjenjo

I am looking for a good step drill. Any  suggestions?

Bruce Dorsi

Frank,  I've been happy with the Greenlee step drills that  I bought.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Crosley.In.AZ

That Project Farm guy on youtube tested step drills a couple yrs ago.  I think Dewalt came out a little better.  I use Harbor freight step drills since I use them on 1/8 inch material or less
Tony