2024: What are you doing today?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

My part of the world has snow today. I go out this morning and get in the 48 and drive off. About half way to coffee, I turn on the wipers. They work about 3 times and quit. I pull over and check to see if they froze. No, they're free. I get back inside and turn the switch on. I can hear the motor running. I think the arm came loose on the shaft. There's 2 set screws that hold it. I don't know how much I will have to remove to get to them. Might be a lot of fun. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Phil, if it has a warranty past 30 days I'd be surprised. I purchased most of the parts back in the spring for this. I have had good luck with people understanding that it sat in the box for 8 months before using. My stereo has a problem and I just received the replacement from Crutchfield. No charge. If all that's wrong with the wipers is a loose set screw, I'll be good. If I would have had any foresight, I would have pulled the screw and drilled a small hole for the point to go into. I've put in 6 wiper motors and this is the 1st time for this. Maybe it was as cold as I was and just wanted to quit. LOL.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I worked some on my stump for panel beating.  I made the 1" steel band around the top to help keep the stump from seperating as it dries.  Shaping the stump and then forming the band to fit the top was fun and it went well.  Tomorrow I am going to an auction.  There is a nice lathe, Bridgeport and a bandsaw that I am interested in buying.  I do not know why I am going because it is usually a waste of time.  Stuff usually starts the bidding for more than what I want to give for it.  I will just take the day off, visit with people, and enjoy the day. :)
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Bill, I actually meant the warranty work to be returned to the guy who installed it, LOL.  Sometimes I'm not clear in what I say or type, due to old age.  Yeah, that's it, old age. ;D

I know about buying parts in advance and not being able to return them.  I bought new bumpers for the Corvair for about $900 for both, then later see a Corvair forum member selling excellent used front and rear for about $300 for the pair.  Sometimes you just can't win.

Phil

kb426

Phil, that installer is unreliable. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Yeah, I've run across the same thing. ;)

Phil

idrivejunk

In keeping with that theme:

Loose spark plug!  :idea:  Front of engine on rear bank.  :roll: :arrow:

Capital D'oh. :blank:
Matt

idrivejunk

Aaaand now...

the car has ye olde scalded dog syndrome. Glory be.  :) 

Stuck wiper blades on while there was warm in garage. All thats left is to heal.
Matt

idrivejunk

New job task: 73 Mustang. Starting with pan. Cut it out today. :)
Matt

kb426

I got blessed with a little blizzard today. Wind gusted at mid 60's. It's down to 30's now. We had rain and freezing rain early this am and then snow. Total accumulation wasn't great but the drifts are substantial. Tomorrow I will decide on shovel or snow blower. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Hi.... Eggciting belt replacement on the vacuum beater bar. It spins again.  Will see how long this belt lasts??

::)   ::)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

crosley I got good at replacing those belts when we had a cleaning business . used to keep a few in stock and a spare vacuum at the ready.

sirstude

We are finally getting some cold, and possibly snow coming, starting tomorrow.  First time since October.  We are at 40% snowpack at best so far this winter.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

20 months after I was notified of the recall on my F350 wiper blade arms....  My truck has new wiper arms on it. They are much more secure.  Fjord dealer setup a mobile service for this recall (2)  deal.

The PCM and TCM was updated on programing.  Some programming  related to emissions ? I have Driven the truck 40+ miles. The trans does shift better, cleaner.

Now the fun part: The young fellow was all over my F350 for a "Multipoint Inspection". 10 minutes later I receive a text message with $405.00 of "suggested" service work.

$80.00 for cabin filter replace
$175.00 for HVAC cleaning & deodorizing
$50.00 wiper blades
$100.00 Diesel Battery service.

I declined the extra service. I told the kid that the wipers were 5 months old and if they are broken, he did it. I checked the wipers, they are solid on the arms

The $100.00 diesel battery service included  corrosion pads on each battery terminal.

???  ???
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)