2022 Tool Reviews

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2022, 06:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I have an update on the Tornado paint shaker I purchased 2 years ago. It quit yesterday while shaking a gallon of primer. I called the manufacturer of it and was told that I would have to send it back in for diagnosis for warranty. It was 2 months past the end of the warranty period but the person I talked to said they would look at it. I took it apart and found that the stress clamps allowed the cord to come into contact with the motor housing. There was no continuity in the wiring. I repaired that and found that instead of resistance I had full ground. What ever happened took the motor out. A new motor is $364. I paid $354 for the unit 2 years ago. I'm not going to spend anymore on this unit. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I bought a Milwaukee M18 vacuum for the RV.  Works well. I have a 5ah battery I use on it.  The hose is a PITA new... It does not want to extend out easily. I figure (hope) as we use the hose it will loosen up some.  Already bought a solid piece hose  extension at Home Depot.  It is not a Milwaukee part, but it does fit well on the hose end.

Home depot had a discount in place.  $99.00 for the tool only.. This is the budget unit of #0880-20  tool only , no battery
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought a $30.00 solder gun from Harbor Freight.. 100 watt. Chicago Electric 64056 .. Few small wires I needed to solder together.

My good Weller solder guns are somewhere in storage unit. This 100 watt unit barely got the job done.  I think 150 watt is minimum I need for stuff I work with

Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I acquired some tools in an unfortunate way a week ago. Driving back to our place I see some debris in the road.. Several tools had fallen off a vehicle. I stopped. Between cars driving by, I gathered up the tools from the road.  No body arrived back looking for the tools as I picked them up. I looked on Craigs list in lost n found for a post.

Somebody was making a living with these tools. Not taking care of them if they fell off a truck or trailer.  I have lost tools I set on a truck bumper years ago.  Had a few tools stolen over the decades.  Its not a fun feeling.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Fuel pressure tester. 3 different sizes of tubes.  Has a release valve too.

Fits my 2013 Honda Civic.  Not sure what other cars use same connector at fuel rail
Tony

moose

We are all (most) getting advanced in seniority so any way to save the physique is a plus! We just finished constructing a 12 X 12 barn style shed for my Daughter to store her Wedding Business items in. I picked up a Masterforce Plam nailer. $37 dollars. Sure sped up the process and saved the shoulder and elbow. As lond as you have access to an air supply consider one for the *! 

Crosley.In.AZ

A few of the tools I found in the road couple weeks ago. I do not own a Dewalt battery charger. Most of my cordless tools are Miwaukee.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought a Ryobi 1/2 inch impact "medium torque" gun. Home Depot deal on the kit: 4ah battery, Impact PCL265k1 with charger too. $99.00 ..  8)

We needed a good stapler. Project Farm on You Tube tested staplers months back , this stapler P317 did well on the test. It was "Tool only" , uses T-50 staples, so the Impact gun kit with battery and charger works out since I needed a battery for the stapler. :shock:

Most of my tools are team red (Milwaukee)..  But I can not find an impact gun 1/2 inch "Tool Only" for a price close to what these 2 tools cost me.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought this budget Harbor Freight electric screwdriver 2 weeks ago.  It works well. Spindle speed is a little slow.

THere is a light at the end of the handle.  A light at the spindle too.
Tony

papastoyss

Crosley, Ryobi has a flashlight that uses the same battery , I sure like it.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Crosley.In.AZ

I used the Ryobi 1/2 inch impact gun on our Honda Civic car wheel sunday. Worked very well. Lug nut torque on the Civic is only 80 ft lb..  :shock:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Warrior drill  bits from Harbor Freight.  Several have broken as I drilled.  They did not bite in and snap.. broken while spinning.  THey seem too  hard ? I have used these a few times previous: to snap off

Broke 2 of them today.  I will buy a different brand next.  My well used drill bit selection is in storage
Tony