A couple pix of my Pontiac frame

Started by 58 Yeoman, April 09, 2004, 10:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

I finally got some pix of the Poncho frame; should've taken it outside, though. I've got it as far as I can take it until I get the body back on it, for fabricating the front fender and radiator mounts. The tranny has to be replaced/rebuilt, as it's burned up from being stuck in the snow (the previous owner of the Caddy). I'll also have to modify the trans tunnel, as the 400 is a bit higher than the old 3 speed that it replaced.

The front clip is a 72 Nova, engine/trans is 77 Caddy 425, rear end is 63 Merc 9".
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

purplepickup

That's real nice Phil.   The '41 is going to be a great highway cruiser with that Caddy engine.  I really like Pontiacs.  Probably the fact that my dad  had them when I was growing up influenced me a lot.  I'm always taking pictures of Pontiac indians.
George

phat46

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I finally got some pix of the Poncho frame;

Looks good! How does it sound with the single Cherry Bomb!!!?  :shock:

KustomLincolnLady

Nice Phil, our pontiac had a caddy motor too!!!  :)   How soon till you get it up and cruisin??
Debb

tom36

Nice looking chassis.  I kinda' like those subframed, Caddy powered, 40's GM cars :wink:  Tom..

58 Yeoman

Joe, it's actually kind of quiet. I originally put on a Turbo II, but it was too quiet. Once I get the body on, I may experiment with a larger outlet to see if I can get a growl like the Trans Ams. The Yeoman has dual glaspaks and sounds good, but I wanted this one to be a bit more 'refined'.  :lol:  I get these mufflers at JCW's return room for about $8 each.

Debb, I've enclosed a pic of the body sitting on stands. It's taken me almost four years to get this far, but it involved more work than I had planned on. That's why I call her Pandora. :lol: The body is in very good condition for its' age, and I don't plan on doing anything extreme, so it should move along faster than the frame did (as long as I've got extra cash to throw at it). I lucked out and got 2 NOS rear fenders off ebay, will pick them up next week in St. Louis. WOOHOO!

Of course, now Menard's has a sale on house windows, and I've got 20 that need replacing. Man, and they call hotrods money pits!

BTW Tom, that's one great looking Caddy.

Phil

slocrow

The frame looks nice Phil. I like that Pontiac blue fire wall too. :roll:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dirk35

Looks super!

I like the gold shocks with the black frame. Always have loved that color combo.

58 Yeoman

QuoteThe frame looks nice Phil. I like that Pontiac blue fire wall too.
Frank, that 'nice' blue color was all over the inside of the car, too. Must've had a sale at Kmart.
Dirk, those gold shocks are Delco's; got 'em at the local parts house. I like the looks of the frames that have been shown here, but I'd be afraid to drive them. I make mine strickly functional, so I don't have to worry about cleaning it, or whatever.

Thanks all for the good words, maybe it'll get me going faster on the body work. :wink:

Phil

348tripower

Nice work. I just put 2 coats of DP90 on my 35 yesterday. Now I can see all the spots I missed! Gonna post some pictures later. This car building thing is not to be rushed.
:lol:
Don Colliau

Phil...The old girl is taking shape...Have you decided on a color yet?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

58 Yeoman

Daryle, I've got a 99 Ford Ranger that is either Autumn Orange, or Bright Amber, depending on which literature you read. I call it copper. I like it, and I'm seeing a lot of cars are now being painted various shades of copper. Funny thing is, I checked the value of my truck online, and they deducted about $300 for the color. Go figure.

By the time I'm ready to put paint on the Poncho, who knows what color I'll like then. Maybe I'll just primer it.  :lol:

Phil