Paintings

Started by phat46, May 22, 2018, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

I have been doing some automotive themed paintings lately. I had done oil landscapes for a long time and thought I'd try acrylic paints, it is quite a learning curve, but I am catching on. This one was my second try, I think I got lucky.

Ohio Blue Tip

Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

rumrumm

Nice! If you want to pick up a few techniques on painting with acrylics, check out Jerry Yarnell if you don't know about him already.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

chimp koose

enjenjo

I like the details that make it look right.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Wow...we have an artist in the house. Very good.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Looks good. What is the differences in the 2 mediums?
TEAM SMART

phat46

Quote from: "rumrumm"Nice! If you want to pick up a few techniques on painting with acrylics, check out Jerry Yarnell if you don't know about him already.

Jerry is my hero, I have learned a lot from him, I would really like some personal lessons with him.

phat46

Quote from: "kb426"Looks good. What is the differences in the 2 mediums?
Oil stays wet for days, but colors can be mixed on the canvas too, blending, for me anyway, is easier with oil, but mistakes are harder to fix. The acrylics dry very fast, just a few minutes and you can proceed with more layers or details, blending is harder for me, but I am figuring it out as I go.

rumrumm

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "rumrumm"Nice! If you want to pick up a few techniques on painting with acrylics, check out Jerry Yarnell if you don't know about him already.

Jerry is my hero, I have learned a lot from him, I would really like some personal lessons with him.

That would be very cool!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I like the details that make it look right.

Frank, I love the details, I admire people that can paint in the impressionistic style, that is my favorite, but I can't seem to paint that  "loosely" so I go with my strength, details. Since I know cars well enough it is easier to add them and make it look right. I have a few more that I really detailed if you'd like to see them.

UGLY OLDS

REALLY nice ..... 8)   A side of you sneaks out that we never knew about ...... );b(   VERY nice work .....

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I take great delight in people that can visualize and then materialize thoughts. Be it music, painting or anything else that takes creativity from concept to inception. I'm looking forward to see what else you decide to share with us. :)
TEAM SMART