Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by jusjunk, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

This thing has been on the road since the early '70s.  It's basically an open wheeled racer with a T bucket body on it and all the stuff required to make it streetable.

That's all for now.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Grandadeo

Continue working on my daughter's house she just bought.  Painting, flooring, cleaning, yada, yada, yada.  Maybe sneek off to a swap meet tomorrow for a few hours.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

kb426

I went to the Starbird show yesterday. Then I went to Harbor Freight and took advantage of the specials that someone mentioned. It was a good day for January. Got up to 49 degrees. Saw lots of friends and had a good time.
TEAM SMART

alchevy

I sold my '40 Chevy 2 door Sedan Street Rod last Saturday on ebay. It's new home will be Vancouver. It came from Chicago then to Vicksburg, MS now to Canada. Waiting for the funds to come to my bank so that I can go a mile down the road and buy a '48 Chevy Pickup.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

Quote from: "40chevy"I sold my '40 Chevy 2 door Sedan Street Rod last Saturday on ebay. It's new home will be Vancouver. It came from Chicago then to Vicksburg, MS now to Canada. Waiting for the funds to come to my bank so that I can go a mile down the road and buy a '48 Chevy Pickup.
AL

Now how will I find you at the NATS?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Now how will I find you at the NATS?

I won't be there, going to Frog Follies instead.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Went and picked up the '48 Chevy truck. It's  all original. Can't wait to get started on it when I find a job.

www.astreetrodder.com

UGLY OLDS

NICE truck.... 8)       No "brown" spots .. :shock:  :lol:       Did the guy have it hidden under his bed or something  :?:  :?:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

jaybee

Nice!  At this very moment I'm watching one of the Trucks episodes where they work on their AD project Classix and was thinking that if I wanted a truck...

As soon as I'm finished with breakfast I need to run out and find a 1/2"-20 die to chase some threads on my rear shock mounts, then into the shop for a while.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

alchevy

There are one or two small spots that need paint put back on them. He kept the truck under a lean-to next to his shop. There was about a 1/4" of dirt on the truck. I got it home and washed it and this is what I found. It has the Blue Flame Six under the hood. A 235 with 3 on tha tree. It has not been driven for several years. The carb is probably gummed up.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

kb426

You guys will be impressed with this. I did a rough estimate on my income taxes. That's always a good way to spend a cold winter day. The sun has been out all day and the snow is melting. I'm listening to surf music as in guitar with no vocals as I mess with this stuff. From looking at the pics, I wish I would have gone to the Grand National Roadster show. I got to go the 50th anniversary. It looks to me like it's larger now. I can't imagine anybody would ask for a refund on their ticket.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

our  income taxes  are done.  my wife handles that

i am re-plumbing fuel  system on my Falcon.  electric fuel pump and regulator.

the fuel pickup in the OE tank  was removed and I added on about 6 inches  to put the pick up near the rear of the fuel  tank.

May also remove the heater and radio from the car to get  some weight out of it
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

I'm making drivers side rear floor/rocker rust repair parts for the '40 today. The passenger side is done and did that ever firm up the rear door jamb. When I get this side done I'll finish the shoulder belt mounts in the jamb.

I spent a little time looking at GNRS set-up day pics this afternoon. Anyone see the pic of that 33/34 hiboy coupe witha '36 styled grille? Verrry nice.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

dragrcr50

shoveling snow and ice and making a path for my truck to get off the property,  i hat ice storms...1 inch of ice and 7 inches of snow on top of it in okla no less................................then iilll work on my new henry J race car...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,